Hayfever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayfever

DI NEVER suffer from it, but suddenly have the worst case of hayfever, nose never stops running, sneezing, bad throat, earaches, and generally feel quite bad. I am trying -Demazin (now 12 hour ones, 6 hrs don'r work) and telfast once daily.

They'e not even touching the hayfever, and the pseudoepherine which I apparently need to clear the ears is now keeping me quite awake!

Any suggestions as to how to clear it super fast?

I'm flying to Bali this weekend and don't wish to take it on holiday with me!
    Plus I'm not sure if I can take pseudoepherine with me to Bali.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nik; 09-01-2008, 08:55 AM. Reason: Duh

I've always used Polaromine (not sure of the spelling) ... tablets, little pink ones do fine for me, otherwise stronger blue ones are available.
    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

zyrtec was always good for me - or nasal sprays like beconaise (wrong spelling there im sure)
      Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambian View Post
        I've always used Polaromine (not sure of the spelling) ... tablets, little pink ones do fine for me, otherwise stronger blue ones are available.
        +1 for those babies, use them after mowing the lawns at home.

Comment

^^^ 2nded ^^^
          I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

+1 for Polaromine

Comment

i never used to go past Polaromine either BUT then I found Beconase Nasal Spray - the best relief I've had

I buy the 24 hour one - but still use it just before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning....

good luck and happy holidays!

Comment

I got a pack of Zyrtec to help me through the first 3 weeks of hayfever season. I also was using some herbal crap before that, which was marginally effective. Zyrtec was probably the better of the two, although it did make me a little drowsy.
                Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

I would bet it stops straight away once you get to bali. Perth climate is exceptionally bad for hayfever.
                  Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

If you want a short term relief, then go sit in the sauna at Beatty Park aquatic centre.

The heat in there will at least clear your head and nose for a couple of hours.
                    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Polaramine was great, cheap and easy but caused drowsiness
                      Teldane was good, Telfast not so great.
                      Zyrtec or a same-chem ripoff (cheaper) work well.

These are all symptomatic relief jobs - take them when it flairs up.

Beconase, Rhinocort et al are cortisone type immunosuppressants which act as preventatives. If you're getting a runny nose which lasts a while, these puppies kick in after a few days and are good as long as you keep taking them. They do bugger all for itchy eyes and skin, though!

Generally a combination for the first week and then down to the sprays.

I'd double check on the hayfever guess though - I suffer badly from it but no sign at all for the last month or so. Different people have different allergies - it may be something else...

Good luck, I feel for you - it's bloody horrible.

edit -= Whoops, just read the bali bit. I went to Sipadan/Kota Kinabalu late last year and it was gone an hour after I got on the plane to get there. Two weeks of blissful non-sniff in peak hayfever season.

Mind you it was back with a vengeance about 10 minutes after I stepped off the plane back in Perth
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Got a good solution for the eyes - available over the counter - Novartis Antistine Privine......does wonders for me and I suffer real bad

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                          I'm flying to Bali this weekend and don't wish to take it on holiday with me!
                          Lol, you won't be taking it with you.
                          Different continent, different pollen, you probably won't be allergic.

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                          Plus I'm not sure if I can take pseudoepherine with me to Bali.
                          Oh I don't think you'll have ANY issues finding it there.

Comment

Damn, thanks for the reminder.

Time to book an appointment with Dr Desensitisation, before the next round rolls in.
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

i suffer really bad from hayfever.....

as someone else said once you get to bali your hayfever will disappear as the pollen cannot stay airborne in moist air...i love bali as i can breathe freely
                              A site all parents should check regulary
                              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Working...
                              X