Best games of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best games of all time

Ok so what game have you loved most in each genre? Mine would be...

MMORPG: Ultima Online by far, no other game even comes close to to the fun and joy I've had playing this game..If you like mmorpgs, i suggest downloading it (free) and playin on a free server, Unless you don't want to be addicted to it then dont lol, Sure its abit outdated now but the gameplay is fantastic and unbeatable.

RPG: Secret of Man on the SNES, Awesome story line and gameplay!

FPS: I'd have to say Counter Strike because i been playing on and off since beta 3 years ago, 2nd would be Call of Duty 2 on the 360, many fun times had.

RTS: Don't really enjoy RTS games anymore but defitenly Starcraft, What a classic and they even have live tournaments on TV in korea lol.
    Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Goldeneye and legend of zelda ocarina of time N64
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
      MMORPG: Ultima Online by far, no other game even comes close to to the fun and joy I've had playing this game..If you like mmorpgs, i suggest downloading it (free) and playin on a free server, Unless you don't want to be addicted to it then dont lol, Sure its abit outdated now but the gameplay is fantastic and unbeatable.
      Oh god thankyou brother. Die in a fucking fire whingy whiney carebear WoW players ^_^

Secret of Mana tho? I was going to say Chrono Trigger/ Final Fantasy 6 or even 7...

Comment

manhunt 2 on ps2 is pretty narley
        Is Dead

Comment

Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Strip Poker. The real version, that involves real people.
            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Real strip poker? What are the graphics like in that?

Yeah Pkunk damn them to hell wow sux!

I only played Chrono Trigger for a little bit and it was good but not SOM good If i had of played it back then on my snes instead of an emulator im sure i woulda liked it
              Free android puzzle game
              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Scrabble.

Nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
                  Real strip poker? What are the graphics like in that?

Originally posted by phildo View Post
                  A night at a swingers club. The East Perth one gets interesting sometimes. The Wangara one is bloody boring, although the pole dancing isn't too bad.
                  In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                  Its the little things that make the difference
                  Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                  If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Wing Commander was the first came I played that had awesome "graphics"

Comment

In terms of "best games ever" i think it's only fair to mention those that are really ground-breaking or unique, and not "just another <genre> game"

Tetris: its timeless and has been ported to everything

Falcon 4 - the best jet combat sim ever. Its military grade... and it has an awesome dynamic campaign, where basically a full on war is simulated that you can hop into (in an f16) at any time. No other sim before or since has offered such a complete "flight combat" experience.

Lemmings: another timeless "gameplay over graphics" game

Star Control 2: its "Spacewar" on steroids, with a pretty cool adventure element to it, in addition to the arcade section of it.

Doom: it really kicked off the FPS genre. Yes, there was wolfenstein and a bunch of other ones previously, but doom was the first game to really make you shit your pants. It was also a pioneer of networked multiplayer.

Gran Turismo - the first driving game that actually handled somewhat like a proper car. Every "driving" game beforehand used a physics model that quite simply was about as accurate as me playing darts blindfolded after 15 beers with a 40 knot cross-wind. Sure GT and it's sequels have their faults, but the actual driving concepts of understeer, oversteer and drift actually work in a somewhat believable fashion

Time Crisis - first shooting game I ever played where 1. you could duck, and 2. the gun had recoil! awesome

Turrican 1/2 on the amiga - best platformers ever I reckon. None of this gay mario shit, you have a gun, and the graphics/sound were amazing in their day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D6PWOFHOx[/ame]
                      - the sound is still awesome - the amiga could only do 4 channel digital sound in hardware - turrican 1/2 had 7 channel music... all in 512KB of ram on a 7mhz cpu (with a few custom chips, sure... but still)

Turrican2: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rvQzQL6kSo"]YouTube - Turrican 2 World 1-1 (Amiga)[/ame] )

Defender. Specifically, for me, the Atari 2600 version. The graphics were shit, but good enough, but by fuck it played so well.

edit:
                      linkies.
                      Last edited by thro; 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Duke Nukem 3d
                        great game devoted a huge amount of time to it in the late 90's
                        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Mortal Kombat

FINISH HIM!
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

pacman!!

Comment

Drop zone!

Comment

Working...
                              X