Web Hosting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Hosting

Hey gang, can anyone recommend a nice reliable web hosting company that they've had experience with?

I want to host some stuff for the first time and I wouldn't have a clue which of the 1000's of web hosts to use.

The sites are gonna be very small to small. Not much bigger than 20 megs tops.

I need:
    - domain name
    - eiher (ASP.net + Microsoft SQL) or (PHP + MySQL)
    - 1 or 2 gigs of downloads per month

Any good recommendations ?

Cheers
    Lee.
    www.sortbycorruptiondate.com

i'm with cheapdomain.com (or cheapdomains.com)
    and hosted through ipbhost.com
    the domain is $15 a year for a .com and the hosting was $10 a month for 5gb bandwidth, unimited database and 10mb storage.
    now we're on $20 a month for 10gb bandwidth, unlimited database and 20mb storage. or something like that.
    what would happen, if this were gone, would you be there, for how long. . . . . .

Comment

I use Linux Web Host for my montaroo.com . Their service & support goes without question. Great facilities. Had about 3 instances of down time in about the 4years that ive been with them that ive noticed, for no more than 1hr at a time. Good prices etc.

cheers
      MoNtArOo

Comment

To register domain, do it yourself at www.registerfly.com for a .com or www.enetica.com.au for a .com.au.

As far as hosting goes.... $20 per month for 50 meg, unlimited bandwidth.... and thats thru...... me.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

mines with lunarages.com

havent had ne probs so far n they have pretty good service

supports all those too
          Gankaz DaOgre

Gallery

Comment

http://www.bur.st - WA based, not a proper web hosting "company", but damn good still

make a once-off $15 donation for 1GB space, no set limit on bandwidth, unlimited domains for dns/mail/web hosting/full shell access

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 20 2005, 03:37 PM
              To register domain, do it yourself at www.registerfly.com for a .com or www.enetica.com.au for a .com.au.

As far as hosting goes.... $20 per month for 50 meg, unlimited bandwidth.... and thats thru...... me.
              [snapback]87628[/snapback]

Im guessing this is the same link/backbone as PSB? So would expect the same quality speeds?

Comment

wwwnetunltd.com.au Speak to Steve or Nick, mention my name. Ozzy Park based. Good friends of mine.
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Cheers for the pointers, gang. I'm in the process of checking 'em out out and weighing them up (and possibly checking them back in again) ...
                  www.sortbycorruptiondate.com

Comment

Originally posted by subdued@Jan 21 2005, 10:21 AM
                    Im guessing this is the same link/backbone as PSB? So would expect the same quality speeds?
                    [snapback]87656[/snapback]
                    Yup, the same box. You would be only a few 1's and 0's away from this very thread.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Deej@Jan 21 2005, 08:38 AM
                      Yup, the same box.* You would be only a few 1's and 0's away from this very thread.
                      [snapback]87733[/snapback]
                      Nice, im building a website for my cousin's dive shop (more his hobby than a proper income), and he has alot on digi pictures from dive trips over seas and local he wants to put up, so might have to hit you up when i get it built...

now if only i didnt totally eat dick at making websites.

Comment

Working...
                      X