Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP has this wonderful CD burning feature...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP has this wonderful CD burning feature...

DON'T send your 'Windows' or 'Program Files' folders to the CD burn list...

A mental giant here has done so, and now can't burn anything as he cannot delete the files from the list (cause they're in use)

I know they are a copy of the system folders which are put into the &#39;Application Data&#39; folder under his login name profile, but Windows doesn&#39;t appear to realise this... <_<

The folder in question is this one...

"C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning" folder.

Take care out there....

Oh.. and my ribs hurt from larfing...
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

ROFL!!!!!!!
    that&#39;s almost as cool as my ex burning a cd with "word" on it for her parents. she realised it didn&#39;t work so i had a look and all she had on the disk was the file titled "winword.exe"
    what would happen, if this were gone, would you be there, for how long. . . . . .

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
      that has to be the funniest thing ever
      you could remove/move it with DOS, but you&#39;d have to install it

i backed up 1000&#39;s of mp3&#39;s (which i ripped off cd&#39;s which i bought ) onto cd, and after deleting them realised i had only burnt shortcuts to all the songs

windows is so cute sometimes

Comment

speaking of windows being cute, i just spent the afternoon trying to get it to recognise one of the nics bloody poxy thing
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore@Feb 3 2005, 06:36 PM
          speaking of windows being cute, i just spent the afternoon trying to get it to recognise one of the nics* * bloody poxy thing
          [snapback]90781[/snapback]
          Welcome to Windows &#39;Plug n Prey&#39;
          ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by savo@Feb 3 2005, 06:32 PM
            AHAHAHAHAHAHA
            that has to be the funniest thing ever
            you could remove/move it with DOS, but you&#39;d have to install it

i backed up 1000&#39;s of mp3&#39;s (which i ripped off cd&#39;s which i bought* * ) onto cd, and after deleting them realised i had only burnt shortcuts to all the songs

windows is so cute sometimes
            [snapback]90780[/snapback]
            That depends if your running the NTFS or FAT32 file system. If your running NTFS then DOS will not reconise the drive ... period.

you will need to get a linux boot disk and boot of that to gain access to the drive. You also need to know a little of linux to mount the drive and then access and remove or clean the directory.

reboot and all should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav@Feb 4 2005, 05:29 PM
              That depends if your running the NTFS or FAT32 file system.* If your running NTFS then DOS will not reconise the drive ... period.
              [snapback]91023[/snapback]
              Or you get ntfs4dos

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ntfs4dos

Or use XP recovery from booting the cd

Comment

Working...
              X