No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=gray89;1193738]I fail at quitting...its really hard for me at work (mostly because I hate my job so much it makes me want to smoke coupled with the fact 7 out of 10 people smoke up here!)...I bought a packet yesterday morning...:resent:[/quote

gray 89
    You will all ways find an excuse to have a smoke ,you can set an examle at work by being the better person for quitting,
    Keep at it guysdont end up like me

Comment

• Originally posted by gray89 View Post
      I fail at quitting...its really hard for me at work (mostly because I hate my job so much it makes me want to smoke coupled with the fact 7 out of 10 people smoke up here!)...I bought a packet yesterday morning...:resent:
      Me too, I have a pack in my bedroom and have caved twice now, and when I give in boy do I hit them hard! I'm not gonna stop trying tho, no use quitting every time i cave.

It's funny how when you're not smoking, everyone else is and when you are, you feel like an outsider. Bullshit mental crap!

when gray's in town and everyones free we should hit a pub or something, smoke free. i have many a psb'er to meet!

Comment

• Good work those that are now smoke free. Those that are close, you're almost there.

I gave up after 30 years and I haven't had one now for about three years. I won't lie to you, it wasn't easy but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever done either.

The downside:
        • I still fancy one now and again.
        • My sense of smell has not improved.
        • I've put on bulk kilos.

The upside:
        • I'm getting way more air into my lungs.
        • I don't constantly cough in my sleep.
        • My family don't complain about the cigarette smell.
        • My asthma has virtually disappeared.
        • The whites of my eyes are white and not yellow.
        • I don't get sick as often.

The list could go on but I'll get to the bit I like the most; the money. I've bought luxury items with that money I used to dream about. Musical instruments, bicycles, computers for everyone, high quality food on the table and even fashionable clothes (for the kids, not me). No longer do I have to budget for the equivalent of a speeding fine each week.

Don't stop trying. It's worth it in the long run.
        Please, call me Flash...

Comment

• I am still going strong have stop counting weeks

Comment

• Well done Rider, wish I was having as much luck!

Comment

• I just had the last smoke in the packet that i bought a few days ago...I'm gonna try and give it a real go this time...:resent: I'll make you guys proud...I swear!

Comment

• Hey Gray....Maybe Chapix is worth a go, few guys here have used it and it seems like its doing the job.

Comment

• Back on the patches tomorrow morning. Also starting a healthy food kick as well.

Did the charity ride on saturday and going to the Hale School meet this weekend. Thought it odd that I enjoy giving my time to help others but cant take the time to do something to help myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninjarat750 View Post
                    Back on the patches tomorrow morning. Also starting a healthy food kick as well.

Did the charity ride on saturday and going to the Hale School meet this weekend. Thought it odd that I enjoy giving my time to help others but cant take the time to do something to help myself.
                    Mate the patches worked for me BUT i wanted to quit/change of lifestyle. I have been off the patches for about a week now and still cigaret free.

EDIT: Try not to go too hard on the whole health kick as you will find that it can be over welming. Do one thing at the time and do it well Just a thought

Comment

• Been tempted - but not given in. I realise that I'll only disappoint myself by breaking my resolve and the guilts can make it worse.

I went to a work function, drank - no cigs, went to a wedding afterwards and was surrounded by other smokers but the smell just made me go "yuck!" and despite being offered one I cheefully said no thanks

Did I contemplate taking the pack that's sitting at home with me - sure, but I told myself that was setting myself up for failure and didn't. It still sits there in a drawer but in many ways I feel stronger knowing it's there but not touching it.

So much happier

Do I miss that "sit back in the garden and have smoke with an alcafrolic drink" - yes, but is it worth it OMG yes! Here's hoping my personal training session tonight will be less painful with clearer lungs. Pity my other muscles won't be able to avoid pain tho
                      Originally posted by Elise
                      I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider View Post
                        Mate the patches worked for me BUT i wanted to quit/change of lifestyle. I have been off the patches for about a week now and still cigaret free.

EDIT: Try not to go too hard on the whole health kick as you will find that it can be over welming. Do one thing at the time and do it well Just a thought
                        I'd have to disagree with that, Quitting smoking was a lifestyle change for me. I didn't really do any excercise before i quit and i ate unhealthy sh*t, Now i quit i started martial arts and do heaps of excercise & eat alot of fruits and salad. It's very hard at the start like running, out of breath before you even gone anywhere, but it gets easier and easier
                        Free android puzzle game
                        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• I quit smoking about 8 months ago, had smoked for about 4 years which is not long to some but long enough to get addicted.
                          Tried quitting numerous times, but failed till the last time.
                          Tried the patches, came out in a rash around the patch and the itch was unbearable, the itch took my mind off of smoking but the pain sucked when skin got scratched off, so scrapped the patches, smoked again, tried the lozengers, tasted like a pepper acid like build up at the back of my throat, very uncomfortable, got weak and started again.
                          Same as the nicorette chewies.
                          Enough of failed methods for me, so one night i went to a bucks night for this guy at work, got written off drunk, had 2 packs or sky blue that night so you could imagine the smell on my hands and the feeling of discust and hung over etc.
                          This was day one, couldnt handle breathing, let alone smoking, hated the thought, went the whole day no dramas, day two, still no urge, day 3, back to work, fighting the urge cold turkey, had an extra, normal chewy, each time i wanted a smoke, out come the chewies, so, new addiction, chewies! Which is alot better than smokes, only folded on the piss twice since then, have not looked back.
                          Shook the chewies a few weeks later, no biggie.
                          So try my method and see if it works for you guys.
                          Cant hurt if other methods are failing...
                          No wheels for now....

Comment

• Got through PT session more easily last night after a week without breathing in crap.

Because I'd done the main "quit" and cough up the bad stuff months before - just failed with a few packs in last few weeks I thankfully didn't have to go through that gross stage again. Just got to wheezy zone which triggered the "oh god no stop it NOW" thoughts and remembering how horrible it was coughing up that crap for weeks helped me get back on the no smokes path.
                            Originally posted by Elise
                            I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Comment

• Anyone else noticed a change in alcohol consumption dropping since quitting the durries?
                              Originally posted by Abuse this
                              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
                                Anyone else noticed a change in alcohol consumption dropping since quitting the durries?
                                NO NOT ME I am finding i am drinking more

BUT its red wine which is good for you and smokes are bad for you so its kinda good

Still havent had a smoke and dont really crave it, i do think about it once of 2times a day BUT thats it. It appears to be this mind set that i have at the moment.

BTW if you think its hard giving up its going to be hard to give up.

Good luck mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X