No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash I think that is going to be a similar way to how I'm gonna try and do it...I think that I'll just go as long as I can without a smoke and then have one when it gets really bad (if it does!).

A slow process, but like you said- will be worth it in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by gray89 View Post
      Crash I think that is going to be a similar way to how I'm gonna try and do it...I think that I'll just go as long as I can without a smoke and then have one when it gets really bad (if it does!).

A slow process, but like you said- will be worth it in the end!
      gray89
      If you have one when it realy gets bad is only giving in to the smokes and you will never quite.
      You can cut back but you must pick a day that you will stop.
      When you go to Bali dont give in that is when you should be strong.

Comment

• well everyone its day 28 without smoking
        have noticed breathing is better smell and tastes buds have resumed
        working normally i am on the second and last batch of champix now
        have noticed i have to take them with motilium (settles your stomach)
        without i felt queezy and just wanted to throw up and a few mood swings that don't usually associate with me (oh the voices) ha ha ' but i am gonna stick with the program its not that bad and the benefits out way the costs. being able to breath smell and taste is great
        so everyone keep it up if ya feel an urge say no

Comment

• Originally posted by XIII View Post
          well everyone its day 28 without smoking
          have noticed breathing is better smell and tastes buds have resumed
          working normally i am on the second and last batch of champix now
          have noticed i have to take them with motilium (settles your stomach)
          without i felt queezy and just wanted to throw up and a few mood swings that don't usually associate with me (oh the voices) ha ha ' but i am gonna stick with the program its not that bad and the benefits out way the costs. being able to breath smell and taste is great
          so everyone keep it up if ya feel an urge say no

on a serious note, good on ya 13!

Comment

• Keep it up polonyman you can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by polonyman View Post

on a serious note, good on ya 13!
              ha ha har give me some quick

Comment

• yeah Gray just take your time if you really want to do but enjoy it like i used to this was the best way for me to do it as i tried all manner of stuff from patches,chewies and zyban which made me really sick and had some serious nightmares.

just take your time and the first ciggy to stop having is the one with your morning coffee or tea. try and wait til lunch or smoko time for the first one.The thing is if you do shift work you don t have alot to occupy you to stop the urges of having a smoke so what i would recommend is get a straw and chew on the end of it and treat it like a smoke without the nicotine.

i was able to get away from this as i was building houses at the hieght of the boom and so i didn t stop for smoko and only had time to have some thing to eat before getting back to work which helped me cut back easier.

Keep it up mate and don t fall over the first time you start drinking. good luck and post up here if you need help or someone to talk to or even call the quit line believe it or not they help out heaps.
                Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

• Yeah thanks guys,

I had a smoke this morning... It has been three days and I hadn't had one so I suppose looking at the brighter side, its one smoke in 3 days when it would have been 2 and a half packs!

I'll just keep pushing through the urge...

Gray

Comment

• Yep fall off the wagon as well. Sad to say it tho as i done so well. In last week i had 5v smokes and recent one was 10min ago which i bumed of someone feel like going to buying a pack BUT will fight it..

keep going guys

Comment

• Get your friends to help tell them not to give you a smoke and dont buy any.
                      I now it is hard but it is the only way to quite. I have been of them for 9years but it was to late for me I got lung disease with no qure and it is down hill by 5% every year with my lungs at less than 50% now,hope this will give you some help in Quiting
                      Keep at it guys

Comment

• Yeah I fell off as well, as suggested the health kick and giving up the ciggies was a bit too much in one go. On the bright side though I have dropped 6 kilos and 4 centimeters off my gut Hopefully when I get down to the weight that I want I will be able to transition into my training and fitness routine a lot easier which will in turn reduce my want to smoke even further.

Comment

• The "festive" season brought lots of dramas from outside situations I had no control over and triggered my emotional smoking response , managed to keep it to one per drama at first, but it was a downward spiral & I gave in to the evils on Boxing day & bought a new pack.

I had the last few from pack on NYE and 2009 has been cigarette free.

Sure I've been tempted now and then but I keep reminding myself I'm not gonna be happier by having one, let's face it guilt is a nasty thing to have along with the bad effects from the smokes.....

Heres to a happier, healthier 2009!
                          Originally posted by Elise
                          I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Comment

• when ever you feel the urge for a smoke do something else don t dwell on 'i want a smoke, i need a smoke'. get up and go for a walk or run on the bike. when you feel the need to pull over and get fuel and what ever just get fuel and get angry but get on the bike don t have one take a few deep breaths take off keep going til the urge stops.

well done gray 3 days goodo now try for four. try extend like that.remember 1 day at a time.

good luck with the rest of the week and keep off the death sticks.
                            Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

• How is everyone going ?I hope still off the smokes?

Comment

• g'day rob, im fighting it, poorly

my friend whom happens to be an amateur bodybuilder has been pushing me for a year or two to hit the gym with him, i think its about time to start. so im doing the whole protein shake, meathead diet plan and whole bodybuilding routine to start in a month or so. at that point in time i plan to chuck the ciggies, wacky tobacky and anything else that could interfere with the muscle development process. no point putting in all that effort to lose so much to smoking.

Comment

Working...
                                X