No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 full days now! That's almost a week and is the best I've done since I've started to quit! I'm on site surrounded by smokers so it's hard, but the real challenge will come on Monday morning when we hit the piss together...must, fight, urge!

Comment

• keep it up mate it gets easier

Comment

• ok dudes ive rejoined the quitting bandwagon with a fresh bucket of determination. its been 4 days since my last, this time those fuckers are goin down.

Comment

• I would like to say a big FUCK YOU to my arrogant little fucker boss for pissing me off to the extreme yesterday! Thanks to the unneccessary stress our little argument brought me, I had a smoke after 5 and a half days of success!I say again, Fuck you Alan, and the horse you rode in on!

Oh, good work Plony!

Comment

• gray89
            When you are trying to give up the smokes you will find that you will look for any reasin to have a smoke, stress will make you want to smoke but you have to be stronger than that if you want to quit.
            Keep at it and you will beat it,or you will here the words that my doc said to me after my lung operation you have lung disease and nothing can be done for you.
            So keep at it we are all behind you for suport.

Comment

• I think it's harder if you give in as well...for a while after, you seem to want to smoke more! At least when I was going well and I wasn't being given shit by my boss, I was handling the cravings fine!

Comment

• Originally posted by gray89 View Post
                I think it's harder if you give in as well...for a while after, you seem to want to smoke more! At least when I was going well and I wasn't being given shit by my boss, I was handling the cravings fine!
                you are right when i gave in before i would smoke more
                but don't let ya boss give ya the shits just stare at him with a blank
                dazed confused look on ya head they soon run out of steam

on another note see the new ads on tv that chick with mouth cancer
                i have to look away pretty full on

Comment

• Hello everyone. longtime no speak. Just an quick update, i kept smokin over xmas but i'm happy to say i did eventually give up on the 22nd Jan, I feel great. I wont be goin back to it. I hope everyone else is going well.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowasaki View Post
                    I too went on the Champix same time as XIII.. but I could not cope with the nausea, I was taking a pill and hurling withing 20-30 minutes. Regardless of wether I had food or not.

I had reduced my ciggies to about 3-5 a day by the 8th Dec (my planned day) but I ended up chugging along at 3-5 going.. thats not so bad. Whilst continuing to take the pills and be violently ill twice a day.

On about the 28th Dec I went, WTF am I doing.. I am taking a pill that is making me so violently ill.. to stop smoking.

I looked at the pills, looked at the ciggies.. threw both of them away and havent smoked since.

I miss the habit.. isnt that sad !! Coming home from a shitty day at work.. glass of bubbly in one hand.. I think to my self - could kill a ciggie about now But I dont, I just guess that this "want" will get less and less.

Aparently I dont snore half as bad I have lots more energy - and time..
                    I tend to be fluffing about at home..stop and think..what do I do now..normally I would go outside, light up and contemplate the world.

Times where people piss me off brings on a .. I could do with a ciggie feeling.

So be warned dont piss me off, prior to non smoking I may have just lit up and chilled out, now days I am more likely to stab you
                    Champix is great to quit smoking. I had the same experience. Took it for like two weeks. Was hurling all over the place. Stopped taking them, but haven't smoked (ok the odd one every few weeks) since.

I am bored. And awesome.

Comment

• I haven't smoked since I quit. Whenever that was.
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

• I gave it up 8 years ago and 3 years later I was diagnosed with interstitial lung disease.
                        So the sooner you guys give it up the better chance you will have .
                        So keep at it guys .

Comment

• ive been going for a week or two, dont even know how long its been. dont really care, im stopping for good this time.

Comment

• right of the champix now
                            still not smoking awesome how is everyone else going
                            keep at it felt a bit weird stopping the champix had a spaz attack
                            but its all cool do i feel sociably more acceptable being a non smoker
                            no its all a wank people will precieve you they way they want regardless of what you do do i feel healthier being a non smoker for sure so keep at it everyone

Comment

• awesome 13, good job. I haven't been counting how long I am off them, so busy lately that the weeks just fly past. As far as I'm concerned, I've quit for good this time.

Comment

• I been going good as well. Had few when pissed BUT nothing to be alarmed about AND never went to buy a pack.

Good luck to all that are trying AND well done to all that have quit

Comment

Working...
                                X