No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope, dont touch the durries. The other is for the pain. Oh, the pain.
    It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

• Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
      Is this thread I started to help people going to stay off topic? Everybody had their fun?
      snap^_^

Sad smoking stories, with short intervals of hanky wetting, or gtfo. thanks again shortfuse, i wouldnt've bothered to start quitting hadn't i seen this thread.

Comment

• Almost caved in just then, Going to get plastered tonight & I don't think I'll be able to stop the cravings!
        Free android puzzle game
        https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• [QUOTE=Teedo;1524672]Almost caved in just then, Going to get plastered tonight & I don't think I'll be able to stop the cravings![/QUOTE

hope you did not give in if so keep fighting it mate

Comment

• I caved and ended up having 6 or 7, Not too bad. No cravings at all today
            Free android puzzle game
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• This is my first day quiting! been smoking like a chimney since i was 12, technically half my life, smoke a little more than a pack a day.

but am sick of feeling like crap, getting sick all the time and lacking the energy/motivation to do something physical.
              this is my third attempt, hopefully third time lucky. i gave up about a year ago for 2 months and felt great, but packed it in, 12 night shifts up north killed me....... but now in the retail world think i will have a better chance at quitting, as my life style has greatly changed as well

using patches at the moment and trying to keep busy, today is going ok, but know its the next few days thats will be painful!

good luck to everyone else as well!!

Comment

• Good luck with it RT.

I quit last May or June, (2008) don't remember quite when. Caved on the twisties trek in Adelaide, too many memories of another trip through there when I was chainsmoking. Bleagh.

An occasional twinge now when there are other smokers lighting up but that happens less and less.

I've now got a very light head cold and it's the first I've had this year.

Last spring, I took antihistamines maybe 6 days. Normally I'm a total mess for 2 months with hay fever.

My SAC (surface air consumption) for diving has dropped from 11 litres a minute to 7.

I notice the stench in my hair and clothes on the nights we're with smokers in an outside area at the pub.

I can taste my food, my coffee, and it's pretty nice to be able to do that.

I can kiss my woman without feeling guilty.

I can run 5km without coughing.

I feel more awake and alert most of the time.

My skin looks and feels better.

I don't get stressed as easily, I don't get the angries because "I gots to have a fag" when I'm stuck in at work.

I have an extra $20 - $50 a week to spend on stuff that I want.

Yep. The whole quitting thing was pretty good akshly.

Quitting isn't depriving you of anything, it isn't sacrificing anything, it isn't giving up anything good. It's deciding to discontinue something that's insidious, self perpetuating and self destructive.

Worth doing. Worth making the decision that you aren't going to be an addict and a helpless victim to the greedy little monster inside you any more, that you're going to kill that fucker dead, that the cravings are his little death song as he wilts and dies.

Get joyous about the cravings - they're good news, they're the sign that your body and mind are purging toxins. Get happy about the immediate benefits - you will smell better within a couple of days, you'll start tasting food again in a week or two.

BEST thing I've done for myself in the last ten years, no question.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

• cheers CS! yeah really looking forward to feeling good, its actually quiet sad when i think about it, that i have never really experienced feeling truely healthy in my whole life, as i started smoking at an early age. i had a taste of it a year ago, as i had started jogging and was working a very physical job, but let old habits ruin that..... now i would like to realise what it is like to be as healthy as most people my age!

cant wait! but know its going to be a hard ride to kick this habit

Comment

• crap third day not feeling too good......... don't want a smoke but feel fuzzy

Comment

• Gets better from here. It may help to get angry at the fucked up drug that made you feel this way - think of the "hit" not as an effect of the nicotine, but a temporary halt to continual withdrawal.

Once you get over this hump, couple more days tops, you'll be clear of it. All good.
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

• yeah just trying to stay positive, as i know i don't really feel depressed it's the drug making me feel like crap. rough this first week out, then i should feel better which will hopefully make giving up a little easier

Comment

• Today is the 6 mnth since I stopped. I was a pack to pack and a half a day person.

I found the best thing to do when I feel like a smoke is exersise. If I go for a run or to the gym in the morning then I do not feel like a smoke at all that day. And I feel so much better.

But don't get me wrong I still love the smell of it and if someone is having a smoke I will stand next to them. But I have not even had a puff since I quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by footer View Post
                            Today is the 6 mnth since I stopped. I was a pack to pack and a half a day person.

I found the best thing to do when I feel like a smoke is exersise. If I go for a run or to the gym in the morning then I do not feel like a smoke at all that day. And I feel so much better.

But don't get me wrong I still love the smell of it and if someone is having a smoke I will stand next to them. But I have not even had a puff since I quit.

nice work!! i cant wait to be able to say the same. as for exercise, it may be a week or two untill i feel well enough, but i know what you mean and i'm i'm looking forward to be able to do some

Comment

• RT
                              Keep at it you can beat it .

I go for my yearly breathing test on 21/8 and I'm not looking forward to my lung doctor saying yes you lost another 4% lung capacity ,I have been loosing 4% a year for the last 5 years and I,m one of the 28% of people with lung disease from smoking that will not recover ,so the earlier you give it up the better you will be .
                              Rob

Comment

• So how are all the quitters going, I am now 5 weeks smoke free

Comment

Working...
                                X