No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just found this mmmm pack a day for the last 30+years fuck that looks bad :mellow:

Comment

• Nice work Sean'o, I was going good but once again fell off and started smoking weekends then smoked for one week during the week, and again am trying now without a smoke since sunday.

Going to give it a real shot this weekend, If I can get maggot without smoking once then the rest will be easy from there on.
      Free android puzzle game
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• Yeah thats the hard time, having a drink or three and going without a ciggie. Find yourself a nice quiet alone spot, no one around with smokes and no way of getting smokes once you have had a few to drink, then get shitfaced! Prove to yourself that you can drink without having a smoke.

Comment

• hey yeah i'm doing well been about 6 weeks, off the patches for 3 weeks now, feeling positive but have too much energy which i now try to use up doing some muay thai, but still manage to wake up at 4am but fuck this last few days has been hard! in Milan for work at the moment and everyone here is smoking, and beer and italian food and smokes is heaven for me, but only here for another day and haven't had a smoke. but fuck!

starting to be able to enjoy a beer now without a smoke which is the first time in my life, but it still aint as good, and how do i miss my smokes but i have been enjoying the positives lately, which makes not having a smoke easier. feels a bit like walking without crutches, something is missing..........

good luck to everyone else quitting, i'm know i'm complaining now but 95% of time i have better things to think about and 20 years from now i will probably dry hump myself for the fact of giving up, i'm sure ^_^
          Last edited by RT; 19-09-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• 2 weeks free, did it for the missus.

Even started playing sport and pretty happy with it.

Comment

• Last week end celebrated 6 months off the smokes (was way over a pack a day )
              Cold turkey worked for me, a few days after quitting I read allan cars stop smoking book, definately helpful.
              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

• uhhh I'll try not smoke & drink next week.
                Free android puzzle game
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• 1. Quit smoking
                  2. Use mental power to stop smoking
                  3. Spend saved money on M.A.D raffle tickets
                  4. Sit back and wait for bike to arrive
                  5. Realize you lost
                  6. Keep saving for next year
                  7. Buy all the tickets
                  8. Lose because someone else bought 1 of the tickets.....
                  9. Try again next year.

Sure your addicted to nicotine, but with a bit of mental power you can ween yourself off from, say, a pack a day down to 1-2 cig's/day then to none.
                  Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfy_9005 View Post
                    1. Quit smoking
                    2. Use mental power to stop smoking
                    3. Spend saved money on M.A.D raffle tickets
                    4. Sit back and wait for bike to arrive
                    5. Realize you lost
                    6. Keep saving for next year
                    7. Buy all the tickets
                    8. Lose because someone else bought 1 of the tickets.....
                    9. Try again next year.

Sure your addicted to nicotine, but with a bit of mental power you can ween yourself off from, say, a pack a day down to 1-2 cig's/day then to none.
                    Do you smoke?

Comment

• A part of me wishes I could be a part of this thread. The other doesn't want to. Good work to all the quitters, maybe one day I'll have something to contribute.

Comment

• I could pretty much turn it on/off whenever I liked.

The girlfriend wasn't partial to it (not that she ever complained ), and I kinda relate smoking to the bad times. So i'm glad i'm out of the habit.

Helps when playing basketball too, can now run up and down the court at least a few times

Comment

• Ok i have just found this thread
                          Lost count of the number of times i have quit
                          but most times have been for significant amounts of time
                          always eventually get drawn back in though
                          i wonder if its because my heart isnt 100% in it

Has anyone else given up purely for someone else, more so than for themselves??
                          Is is possible, or does it really need to be something you want to do for yourself?

Comment

• It ain't easy. I've been trying to quit since I started over a decade ago. This time I think it's for good.

I quit in October last year, I slipped and had a few on New Years, then none until a party for xmas in July in Wongan Hills that saw me hold out all night until I was shit faced and bummed a smoke off someone early in the morning, resulted in headspin and no more since. Haven't had one at all since early July. I think this is it. I've now been able to go drinking and not want one so bad that I give in. My best mate has given up which makes it easier too.
                            Originally posted by Abuse this
                            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• yeah, the last time i quit i had for nearly 9 mths. then i went away with the girls for a weekend, thought i could let my hair down and have a couple and the rest is history. That was march last year and now i am back to nearly a pack a day
                              Thing i find though is that i still really enjoy it. very hard to break the habit.
                              one day i will..... i wish i could just have a couple now and then but unfortunately for me, i am an all or nothing type person with everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
                                It ain't easy. I've been trying to quit since I started over a decade ago. This time I think it's for good.

I quit in October last year, I slipped and had a few on New Years, then none until a party for xmas in July in Wongan Hills that saw me hold out all night until I was shit faced and bummed a smoke off someone early in the morning, resulted in headspin and no more since. Haven't had one at all since early July. I think this is it. I've now been able to go drinking and not want one so bad that I give in. My best mate has given up which makes it easier too.
                                keep at it mekon you will get there
                                as for everyone else seriously keep at it its so worth it
                                i have been off for 10 months now don't have any urges can breath and feel great

Comment

Working...
                                X