No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i been smoking on weekends again was doing well before too. Going to do it this time! Will be playing squash and badminton once a week with my kick boxing twice a week so i really need to quit.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• Exactly 6 months with out so much as a puff. Problem I've noticed is I seem to have substituted this bad habit with sugary treats.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• Well Done mekon, how did you quit? Wish I had some willpower

Comment

• Price in Australia stops me!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson View Post
            Well Done mekon, how did you quit? Wish I had some willpower
            Running my bike into something hard and being stuck in a bed worked for me.

But I have a better idea for you

Comment

• ^^^ What Jules said. Seriously is a waste of cash. Think of all the toys and trips you can have, plus you'll live longer to enjoy it all.

Just willpower and cold turkey. Yeah I don't recommend the Polony method, bit drastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                Price in Australia stops me!!!
                Only stops you from buying them, doesnt stop you smoking everyone elses

Comment

• Originally posted by mekon View Post
                  Exactly 6 months with out so much as a puff. Problem I've noticed is I seem to have substituted this bad habit with sugary treats.
                  I'm on 3 weeks and really happy with it all, but have put on about 1 kilo a week.
                  At least I'll be able to run it off without coughing and spluttering.

Comment

• Re: The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Originally posted by Desmogod

I'm on 3 weeks and really happy with it all, but have put on about 1 kilo a week.
                    At least I'll be able to run it off without coughing and spluttering.
                    True Jim. I put on a bit initially but since exercising dropped a few kilos down from my usual 90 odd to 80/81

Comment

• Still going strong, I'm even happy to sit and have another beer with smokers at the same table and it doesn't even phase me.
                      It's "just" a state of mind thing, I know that I'm not going to smoke again, whereas every other time I have attempted to quit I was always looking for an excuse to have a smoke.
                      Difference is this time is not an attempt, I simply don't smoke.
                      And I'm rather happy about it, it's quite empowering too.

Comment

• Did you go cold turkey Desmo?

Comment

• Yep, but I resurrected this thread because I have spent literally the last 10 hours doing nothing but craving a smoke.
                          It's driving me fucking insane.

Comment

• Just convince yourself that it doesn't matter how much you crave, its still NO.
                            By now some of you cravings when triggered only exist on hope. Kill the hope.
                            No = No

I've been a non smoker for 11 months, but I'm only ONE cigarette away from being a smoker again.

My trick is to only avoid that ONE.

Well done mate keep it up
                            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

• Well done to all who are trying and to those that have succeeded. I smoked for 17 years and I have been a non smoker now for nearly four years. I still feel like a smoke most days but I have not given in to it. I found using patches was the easiest way for me to quit. It really helps take the edge off but you will still need will power. Good luck everyone .

Comment

• Oh don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nil chance of me actually having a smoke, the rational side has already won over the side that is rationalising why I should have one.
                                But it's only been just over a month and when you take away something that I have been addicted to for the last 20 odd years it's going to be a tough ride.
                                I certainly have a lot deeper understanding of addicts and their behaviours, and a lot of respect for anyone who can quit an addiction.
                                I know a couple of recovering alcoholics who couldn't even come to the pub because the temptation was too great, and everyone would say "One isn't going to hurt".
                                I understand now why one would hurt.

Originally posted by Bramsy View Post
                                I still feel like a smoke most days but I have not given in to it.
                                See, I hear this from every single person who used to smoke, and it is my single biggest de-motivator.
                                In the back of my head, the addict part of my brain is saying "What's the point in quitting if you are going to spend the rest of your life craving?"

Comment

Working...
                                X