No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cravings may not go away, but for me they tapered away to a minor thing.
    Other smokers near me = no problems

Habitual triggers were the hard one for me. I even used to time the perfect steak on the BBQ by cigarette length etc....
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

• FUCK this insipid, evil fucking drug.
      /vent

Comment

• I hear ya, had been off them for 5 months, wanted one several times a day, caved in, back on them now

Comment

• When i met smiffy, I really liked her and i assumed that she didnt smoke. so i decided to quit. the thought of being with her was easy motivation. I did well, when ever i thought of how good a smoke would be i thought if her. after a couple of weeks every time i thought about her i would get this gut feeling. I thought it was love for sure. then im following here after meeting for brunch in kings park i see her light up a durrie in the car.
          So i thought ah buggar it, why did i stop. so when i got to work i lit one up. That feeling that i thought was love was just me craving for a smoke.It is love now tho.
          IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

• Yeah, that comment'll get you laid.
            Had a big rant to Sal about it all yesterday and feel better.
            I know I'll not smoke again, it's just this incessant craving at the moment, I would have thought after 5/6 weeks it would be easier, not harder.

Comment

• Yeah, that comment'll get you laid.
              Had a big rant to Sal about it all yesterday and feel better.
              I know I'll not smoke again, it's just this incessant craving at the moment, I would have thought after 5/6 weeks it would be easier, not harder.

Comment

• Still going strong.
                My last rant here helped, it's amazing putting things into words, gives more perspective.
                Damn I'm happy I don't smoke those things any more.
                Insipid, evil drug.

Comment

• Right now I dislike you. I managed a bit over 5 months, craving one at least once every day, they finally got me a couple of weeks ago, back on them again, worst part is i feel a lot happier now than i had for months, Insipid, evil drug!

Comment

• How did they get you if I may ask?
                    Were you ever happy being a non smoker?

Comment

• I was on champix when i quit, only took them for 2 weeks though, they gave me insane mood swings and was grumpier than normal all the time, the grumpy feeling subsided but i never felt happy. I tried the positive thinking, every craving is weakening my dependence on the things etc, told my self how good it was to be free of them but no, wasnt happy being a non smoker. I noticed no health differences, didnt breathe any better, never coughed up crap off the lungs, had no more energy than before, nothing was different except each day i felt like a smoke. In all it felt like a very negative experience that should have been a really positive one. I do want to give them up so I really need to do some work mentally preparing for next time.
                      Getting back on them was easy, having a few beers with friends, a pack sitting on a table, jst picked one up, lit it, it felt good but guilty, had a couple more that night, none for the next few days then pretty much the same happened the next weekend, that was it, I was smoking again. The worst part is I have been a lot mellower and felt happier in the last few weeks than I had for months, so what should be a negative is actually feeling like a positive now

Comment

• In that case, you aren't ready.
                        When I noticed Zach mimicking things is when I realised it was time.
                        It's been relatively easy, and I think quitting should be.

Comment

• Haven't had one for two days now, on the champix. Glad I haven't had any mood swings or the like. I'm amazed how well the champix works, no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

Comment

• Started Champx last week and I have cut down alot. my quit day is scheduled for 24/02/2010 but i think this will be my last packet, these will be gone after the weekend.

Comment

• Cold Turkey for me...

Week Number 4, first week was hacking up good enough goo for road base!!!

I do feel better, sleep better, just eating waayyyyyy to much food!!!

Comment

• quit smoking 2 weeks back for a man (cause he doesnt like smokers). Silly me have had 1 since. Cravings yes, but luckily havent been eating any more then i usually would.

I do miss it though

Comment

Working...
                                X