The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sumatie View Post
    10 years for me...and smoked for 10 years too! Never looked back, but at least twice a year I get the urge, not bad, just a niggling feeling. The benefits have been unreal!

Heard real good stuff about champix from recent quitters!

Good Stuff!!!

Im up to 4 months and a bit now...
    No urge or anything, funny though as people who do smoke kinda STINK!!!

Ha Ha!!

Comment

• Ok so i am tryn to give it another go. I have been smoke free for 31 hours, this is a big acivment as i was having a smoke every 40min or so.

Comment

• 5 months and dont miss it!!!

Comment

• I haven't had a cigarette for ages now. It's really easy, only problem is I've taken up another bad habit...Goodluck rider.

Comment

• Bump!!

5 Days for me, its hard.
            But it's worth it.

P.S.
            Any Idea how long before I can have a coffee without wanting to hurt the barista?
            Last edited by SpeedTrip; 04-02-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Good on ya SpeedTrip! Are you getting any flu type symptoms?
              It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

• i smoke when im stressed, and it generally involves a beer as well, know i should quit though. however doing it seems to calm me down for a while and take the load off for a few minutes.

question for others, its it the smoking that is calming or simply the action of taking a few minutes to youself?
                SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
                I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

Comment

• 1st of Feb marked my first year as a non smoker, I can be around smokers and not want one but if their smoke blows into my face I gag and tell them to move it away from me.

Sometimes the smell really sickens me now other times it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragon_05 View Post
                    1st of Feb marked my first year as a non smoker, I can be around smokers and not want one but if their smoke blows into my face I gag and tell them to move it away from me.

Sometimes the smell really sickens me now other times it doesn't.
                    Well done thats awesome
                    I had quit for a year then started again, but now its cold turkey for me again.
                    sigpic

Make sure you do what it says

Comment

• thanks chesty, and I hope going cold turkey works for you

Comment

• Well done all! 18 months now. No going back.
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• well done guys and girls!!

oh a speedtrip for me it was about 6 months no smokes at all. Coffee tastes bloody good now, but better yet, fruit and yogart is unbelievable lol

I'm currently in thailand training muay thai and about to have my first fight here next week, something i would have never been able to do if i still smoked!

good luck!

Comment

• It's been a week now, smoke free.
                            The funny thing is the first 5 days were easier than the last 2.
                            I think it's because I've been under the pump at work, so when I get home and want to relax
                            that's when I feel like one.
                            But it's only for a moment though, more a matter of habit rather than a genuine need for one.

It is getting easier though .

Comment

• I lasted about 3 weeks last month it was a new years resolution, I never really craved one in that time, I was just getting irrationally angry at pety things, to the point I would have told my boss where to go, so I decided, I am just gonna cut down. Only having one every few days now.

Good luck on your quitting speedtrip If I bum a smoke on an LNR I will try not to entice you by smoking next to ya :p
                              Originally posted by browncow
                              Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                                Good on ya SpeedTrip! Are you getting any flu type symptoms?
                                Not yet and I hope I don't.
                                Someone I know has a theory about why I never got sick.
                                I hope I don't prove her right

Comment

Working...
                                X