The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news Rob. Congrats!
    "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

• Well done

For extra incentive, have a play with quit calculators there are a few around.
      You can enter how much you smoked, what they cost and when you quit.

In the 2 years I have quit, the money saved has pretty much covered all my bike expenses.
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

• I have around 20 x step 1
        7 step 2 and 7 step 3 nicorette patches

Free pickup or can send by mail

Comment

• Im on Champix and its my 3rd day taking them.

When do you start to NOT want a cigarette..
          I havent felt nauseous but the chemist said that the second week is double dose so thats when it might happen.

Ive cut down a bit but Im Impatient and want to Stop as soon as possible.

I Dont enjoy smoking and havent for ages, its just a habit now.
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• It's been 11months for me. I took champix for 2weeks, highly recommend them ( just make sure u have them with food, otherwise they can make u feel ill )

Comment

• Originally posted by Ev View Post
              I have around 20 x step 1
              7 step 2 and 7 step 3 nicorette patches

Free pickup or can send by mail
              If you're studying, I'd be keeping them for exam time. Just make sure you cut them into much smaller patches, though.
              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

• I've been smoking more on than off since I was a teenager. Never a heavy smoker - 5-7 a day at most (unless out on a booze filled 20-something sojourn)... but quitting has always been really hard. Stopped cold turkey for about 18 months, then got a new job, all my 'new' mates smoked, so I started again. Then when my first kid was born was perscribed 'Zyaban' (sic) and it worked a treat... and I had wicked dreams! However a few months later, at the pub, I found an excuse to have 'just one'.

So, roll forward 4 years - I am now in the midst of week 2, which is pretty good as I usually only last 3 days max - and I do not crave cigarettes. I have changed my routine, so that I don't have the opportunity to smoke. Can't have a ciggie when riding your bike to/from work!

I love/hate smoking. I was not a heavy smoker, but am aware that a lifetime of 'not heavy smoking' is still gonna catch up with me. I never smoked around my other half or my kids - however the idea of them watching me slowly suffocate from the all consuming lung cancer isn't an appealing thought.

My best tip for the kids - jut don't start, then you never have to deal with it.

Wish me luck...
                Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
                Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

• A nurse friend of mine brought one of those blood pressure checker instruments with us camping this weekend. She checked all of our blood pressures as we were drinking away, Then she got to me and had a bit of a shocked face....She said that if I were her patient in hospital, She would have called for the doctor. It was 170/90.

I'm going to go see a doc within the next couple days to hopefully see whats going on. I've never eaten healthier or excericsed more in my entire life than I have in the past 3 months, And I'm hoping it will go down eventually.

Day 1 of no smoking or drinking starts now.
                  Free android puzzle game
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

• Originally posted by fonzy View Post
                    i smoke when im stressed, and it generally involves a beer as well, know i should quit though. however doing it seems to calm me down for a while and take the load off for a few minutes.

question for others, its it the smoking that is calming or simply the action of taking a few minutes to youself?
                    The smoke with beer is one of the hardest to quit, but after a while you'll be able to enjoy beer again, it takes a while though

but regarding stress, I found strangely enough that after the initial withdrawals, my stress and anxiety almost completely disappeared. My addiction was not helping at all, (like i originally thought it was) but was actually one of the reasons my body felt the way it did. Your addiction is escalating your bodys stress, get rid of the addiction and you will find stress a lot easier to deal with. you body will be healthier, therefore stronger. Healthy body, healthy mind is no lie.

everything has gotten easier since giving up!

Originally posted by Yesterday 06:19 PM Teedo
                    Day 1 of no smoking or drinking starts now.
                    good luck man, hopefully turns out good for you!

Comment

• 1 Month now smoke free

Comment

• Originally posted by malenko View Post
                        I lasted about 3 weeks last month it was a new years resolution, I never really craved one in that time, I was just getting irrationally angry at pety things, to the point I would have told my boss where to go, so I decided, I am just gonna cut down. Only having one every few days now.

Good luck on your quitting speedtrip If I bum a smoke on an LNR I will try not to entice you by smoking next to ya :p
                        I must say I hadn't noticed, but some of my work mates did, but over the last couple of weeks I had become a bit short tempered,angry and agrssive with them.
                        This is not me, or normally not me.
                        So I apolologise to anyone else I may have been this way with them.
                        I hope they understand it's not me, but hopefully it'll only be for a short period.
                        Because being a bit irrational at times, still is not a valid or good reason to start again for me.
                        Rob

Comment

• They stop talking about you being grumpy shortly after the first disappearance
                          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                            They stop talking about you being grumpy shortly after the first disappearance
                            Especially if you leave a hand showing out of the shallow grave. It makes it more dramatic.

Comment

• i found patches stopped me 'losing my shit' as often

Comment

• Originally posted by RT View Post
                                i found patches stopped me 'losing my shit' as often
                                they say the patches are hard to lite up

Comment

Working...
                                X