No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After smoking for 23years, I decided to quit last year and had my last cigarette on April 16 2011. I decided to do the patches and gum (instructions on the patches say to use more than one method to quit smoking). Ended up using the patches for 5 days and the gum for about 6 weeks. The hardest part for me was not giving up the nicotine, rather the habit - with my first coffee in the morning or after a meal were the hardest to break. I have had one puff of a smoke since then and it almost made me want to vomit. Occasionally I get the urge, but I no sooner have the thought than it is gone again.

Comment

• Gave up on 24 June 2006 at age 53 after a lifetime of smoking (well 37 years worth). Still get the urge occasionally, but easy now to ignore.

To all those trying too give up keep trying. Its worth it!

Comment

• About to try again.... Wish me luck

Comment

• Good luck!
          Originally posted by Abuse this
          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

• good luck . or good planning ? . just think how happy u will be , when your cig free

Comment

• 12 Months to the day ciggie free ...........

YA for Champix..... was on them for 2 weeks and have never had another cigarette since.
              What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

• Currently coughing up enough black shit to fill a prison.
                Winning.

Comment

• Comment

• Its 13mnths since I quit. Its the longest that I have ever been. I have tried to quit 5 or 6 times before but this time I think I have got on top of it.

Comment

• I applaud anyone who manages to give up the smokes. I quit 18 years ago when my son was born and have never had one since, not saying I could still go a smoke. Like others have said it is now easy to ignore the urge. I gave up with the help of nicoret chewies and the peppermints. The best thing I ever did as I now have a new car, a new bike and no coughing my lungs up.

---
                      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-32.115934,116.024409

Comment

• Originally posted by XIII View Post
                        well have been trawling this thread from near the start
                        thinking i gotta do it so today i took my first champix tablet
                        i have tried to give up in the past but failed and my attitude just went
                        to i am giving up giving up. the packet says
                        the day i stop smoking should be between day 8 and 14
                        the day i stop smoking will be ? i have picked the 8th of december
                        so i have set my attitude to can do mode and hopefully i will be better for it. its great to see others giving it ago maybe the next time some one looks at me is because they are interested not that i have just lit up
                        a durrie
                        Well its been 3 years now and i don't smoke and i am so glad of my effort i feel so much alive my breathing,scent, taste buds are all at high levels.
                        Just keep at it people's it is so worth it you just have to use your willpower

Comment

• That is all.

Comment

• haven't read this thread so don't know if it's been suggested already, but my ex-gf who was a pack a day, smoking since 10 years old, etc... quit successfully after reading Alan Carr's, Easy way to stop smoking.
                            Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking
                            Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                            Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

• That book is apparently really good but it's written in this really evangelical way.
                              I know heaps of people have quit using this book, it just never worked for me

Comment

• Tried the workshop? Same method just face to face, worked for me.

One month and counting

I have a box of 7 nicotinell 24 hour patches I found while tidying up, happy to post to a member for free. PM if interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X