No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work, Si. I will remember to bring you some ciggies along with Passion Pop for you at your next par-tay

Comment

Yaya good for you if you wanna have a go at it. I gave up 4 n half years ago. Smoking really is a habit and from what I went through changing your daily habits ever so slightly can make you miss that next ciggie break for example....when at a party and drinkn (super hard not to smoke) and you feel like a ciggie...start up a conversation, offer to grab the next beers from the esky, go inside etc etc.

The feeling passes after a bit and sometimes you get so engrossed in a convo you forget you want a ciggie. Or no smoking in the car. Drink tea for a few weeks instead of coffee and a smoke. Get the drift. Change in your mind what you would normally do as a smoker and alter it a little. Then to top it off. take a walk to the shopping centre or somewhere you know where peeps will be smoking then follow them and breathe in the delightful odour that you smelt like. I feel ewww just thinkn bout it. Cant believe i used to smell like that.

If not for yourself do it for your kids friends and family cause I'm damn sure they would love it if you kicked it. Can't smoke on a bike and if I had a buck for everytime I been nailed by a butt bein thrown out of a car window. When you pull up at lights chk out the butts on the ground its and environmental issue as well.

Its ok for me to hound yous to give up cause I was a smoker and know how hard it is. Its the non smokers that really should keep their advice exactly that "theirs".

Or you can just post heaps of shit in PSB to keep your mind busy.
      Good on ya for posting this thread.

Can't begin to tell you how good I feel 4 years on playing netball 2-3 times a week without coughing up a lung. Being able to chase my twin nephews and neice around when I visit. Singin in the car with out blowing an artery.

Try and kick it. Keep trying til ya do. Eventually you will get so sick of trying You just will give up. And if you give up and start again think about how many shitty days you had to get to the point your at and how our body felt when you went through the withdrawls WOULD YOU REALLY WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN????? God no.
      NO GARY NO!
      GOOD LUCK EVERYONE DROP ME A LINE IF YOU GET BIT ANTSY.
      CHEERS

Comment

Yep second that slap

Originally posted by taint View Post
        bitch needs a backhand to put her in her place

edit: you will more than likely need the help and support of those around you
        YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS SHOULD BE SUPPORTING YOU NOT BEING MONGRELS.
        My man smokes but I don't hassle him. He will give up when hes ready and if he don't his choice.

Comment

Whats the average pack cost these days?
          It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            The killer is the one cigar, or cigarette.

Which is fine.

And then it turns into one every now and then, when you're drinking and at a party. Then you forget about it.

Then you smoke a packet in a binge drinking night, rip your throat apart and next day the last thing you want is a smoke.

Three months later, you do it again and realise that you can do it occasionally.

A year later, you look back and discover that you're on the piss hard every weekend and smoking a packet a night on those binges.

That's cool, you're not smoking at work so you're still not _really_ a smoker.

After that realisation, it only takes a stressful morning at the office and standing next to a mate who smokes before you're back again.

Your life changes subtly at first, then more and more, so that you can get more of the weed.

A successful quitting attitude means the temptation to a cigar shouldn't require sacrifice of saying no. It should mean that you laugh at "the old you having a last try to come back" and forget about it.

Me? A preachy ex-smoker? Hell yes!
            Very true indeed. Good point.

Comment

between 12 - 14 bucks
              i started on the gum yesterday and am eatin the stuff crazy, it does say that it should replace a couple of smokes a day, gradually just being on the gum.
              but when i think this i end up slapping my self for finding an excuse to light one up.
              i do wake up raging and try suppress the urge to think about smoking until i have some gum and keep my idol hands busy.

the smoking in the car is a killer so i try to ride everywhere cause i cant ride an smoke.
              IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Here's a curly one...

My wife is trying to give up. Today I drove the car that I bought her, and there was ash on the drivers door trim and inside the drivers side wind deflector. It is fresh, as I detailed the inside of the car for her when I got home a week ago.

Now this is a 2 pronged problem.

The car is brand new. It has leather and suede interior, and I have made it quite clear that I dont want her smoking in it.

Even when showed the ash, she denied smoking in it. There is no way the ash could have got there without sitting in the drivers seat.

The smoking doesn't worry me too much, as she is trying to go without the patches, but the smoking in the car against my wishes and then lying about it has really got my goat.

Wadda ya's reckon. At the moment I have gone as far as tell her that I am disappointed in the lying. Let it go, or stand by my guns? I am pretty well known for hanging onto things a bit long.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                  gravy: are you off the patches now?

I quit for 2 months using gum but the mrs would not do it with me and kept asking "want a smoke?". Now I'm a full time smoker again.
                  :o That is just not cricket, how very unsuportive of her

I hope you eventually manage to kick the filthy, stinking habit, how about using some Bling as your incentive?? for every very expensive packet you would have bought, put the money into a bling account

Comment

I've been falling of the quitting for a loong time now.. It always starts with an epiphany realising how much better off I am without it. But lacking conviction, I always fall off the line after a couple of weeks. Sometimes, it feels really frustrating and when people starts mocking me for it I get even more dejected... but I pick myself up again and try again... I guess it takes a short time to pick it up... but a lifetime to stave it off.

Comment

shortfuse: deeper problems than a) smoking or b) solved via forum.

Personally, she wouldn't be driving my car again and things would have to come out in the open. But don't make a big thing of it, don't make it hard for her to admit.

Coulda been her bit on the side, too, you never know...
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        Coulda been her bit on the side, too, you never know...
                        ^^^ Hope not. Cheaper to keep her.

Went for a fast/long ride in the rain. All good.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                          I quit for 2 months using gum but the mrs would not do it with me and kept asking "want a smoke?". Now I'm a full time smoker again.
                          Rape her.

Comment

Hey Guys I thought i would refresh this thread as I am an NON SMOKER NOW.

Since 10pm on Tuesday 23/10/08 i haven't had a smoke. This is a big deal for me as i have been a heavy smoker for about 13 years. And i have tried nothing and nothing has worked

My story is that i was thinking about quitting smoking for a very long time too long if you ask me or anyone else. That Thursday night i went to the shops done some shopping and then proceeded to the front counter of Cole's to get few packs of smokes.

Then i just had this moment/thought were i went ''Fuck it give me a pack of patches instead"

So yeah i have been on patches for last few days and it has helped take the edge off a bit BUT the most important thing(as few others have mentioned) is the state of mind. I want to quit and i feel good for it i can do this shit.

This is my 3rd night on the piss and i have not had a smoke so that is a good gives you more power to fight the filthy fucking habit.

Comment

The nights on the piss are the big tester. Make you or break you. Well done, keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                                The nights on the piss are the big tester. Make you or break you. Well done, keep going.
                                Tell me about it man every i look ppl are smoking which is not what i saw when i was smoking very strange. But i kinda enjoy the pain i feel for emos

And Sat night was a huge tease and a shit please

Comment

Working...
                                X