No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to mention yesterday, first week done, 0 casualties..

Comment

• I can't even remember what year I gave up. I think it was 2006.

Anyhow, the longer it goes, the less important it becomes. I'm not saying I still don't fancy a smoke occasionally but it easily passes and gets better each year. Stick with it, lads.
      Please, call me Flash...

Comment

• Bad Wonky... Its been more than 6 years since I was a smoker but went and bought a bag of tobacco last week. That was a bad decision, I still have to find a way to deal with stress effectively.

Comment

• Tried few time with the help of patches... Lasted 3 months with the patches (still feeding the habit)... 2 weeks without patches and re-lapse Tried mouth spray and same story Not sure what to do
          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
          Who died while defending his right of way;
          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

• So goddammed envious of all yous who have quit! Keep up the great work!
            Hopefully I will make another post here soon with commencement of day 1.
            look where you want to go~

Comment

• Nearly 8 weeks this time for me, really don't feel like smoking now which is a feeling I havent had for a few years
              Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

• Originally posted by potato View Post
                day three here,

my doctor ripped into me last week,some of it sank in !!

found a taste bud last night,ahh thats what bbq chicken really tastes like,and fresh chips

salad still tastes like shit though

i got calm down pills[ he's given me high blood pressure pills to take for a month to help] and im using those nicorette cool drops, the 4 mg ones

headaches and overwhelming fuzzy feelings im not suffering from this time

three days and im sleeping longer hours already

even the dog is sitting closer to me
                6 months tomorrow

it hasn;t been that easy but im glad i quit

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

• I switched from smoking to a decent vaping setup and haven't had a cig in the past 115 days

Comment

• 3 years clean, I went cold turkey and dont ever have the urge until someone opens up a bag of fresh port royal and rolls a nice one, then I go weak over the smell (I guess thats why I like aftershave with strong tobacco hues). I could smoke one instantly in that moment but the thought of a taylormade repulses me and the smell of a smoker early in the morning is even worse. I couldnt stomach the thought of a wake up ciggie, and that used to be my favorite. To think I also used to have the bedside post coital smoke is even more replusive. I feel for my partner that endured the stench for years as a non smoker. To overcome my urge early on, I used the physcology that watching others smoke was a sign of their weakness, they were mentally weak to surccumb to put this thing in their mouths without actually needing it - even though I didnt think of them as a bad person it helped me elevate to overcome my urges. It worked. Its also weird back then that when I watched a smoking ad on tv, I would feel like one instantly!

But if someone lights up a cigar today and offers to me, I would not hesitate to have a puff, unless of course its a crap cigar or minis etc...

Keep it up guys, it does get easier over time for most. I asked the other day how much a pack costs and I nearly fell over - when I quit it was up to $16 I think and that was ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spina View Post
                      Keep it up guys, it does get easier over time for most. I asked the other day how much a pack costs and I nearly fell over - when I quit it was up to $16 I think and that was ridiculous.
                      I got whacked for $29 the other day on a pack of 25s at a BP near my work. At my current rate, I could save a good $5k per year without cigs, that's a new 250 bike every year haha.
                      look where you want to go~

Comment

• After 30 years of being a heavy smoker(50+ cigs a day) I woke up this morning and decided today was the day I wanted to become a non smoker. It's only one day down but it's a huge psychological win for me because if I can do it today, I believe I can do it tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Mr Bean; 10-03-2017, 09:28 PM.
                        “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

• congrats !

just stop thinking about it

if you can put it out of your mind you are more than half way there

im still on the nicorette cooldrops since quitting but their time is nearly up

dianella 93703770

Comment

• that is really a great effort & good mind set to be in. just think about how much cleaner you feel & the stains on the fingers will disappear..

im down to 2 a day one in the morning & one at night and the morning one is starting to make me feel sick. so hopefully i can cut them out totally in a few days

Comment

• how about the smell !!

i stood in between two workers in a deli, they both smoked and the smell was unbelievable

the first time i quit it took a week or two for me to realize how bad the smell is

i was washing walls in the house washing clothes and taking good clothes to get dry cleaned. lol

dianella 93703770

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                                that is really a great effort & good mind set to be in. just think about how much cleaner you feel & the stains on the fingers will disappear..

im down to 2 a day one in the morning & one at night and the morning one is starting to make me feel sick. so hopefully i can cut them out totally in a few days
                                good job... I was similar to this and was smoking the cheapest crapiest cigs I could buy back then... taste even worst when they go stale.... yeah... less enjoyment made me look forward to it less...
                                "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X