X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man up and quit you sissies.

Good luck

Comment

My childhood friend who was a two pack a day man hasnt had a drag for one month now. I make a point of telling him he has stopped, not given up. He missed a big night out on friday with another old friend mainly to prevent the old, I'll just have one. This was accepted by all and he wasnt pressured into coming out.

Now for the wife.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

The fucked thing is as you try to get into a pub, there is a crowd standing out the front right at the door, durrying on.
        It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

Good work rider, keep it up man
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

My last smoke was 2 Saturdays ago (18th) after smoking for 5 years
            I had been cutting down slowly, for example i stopped smoking at work and only at home and then i just stopped altogether.
            Along with starting martial arts (well over a month ago) and eating healthy it hasnt been tooooo hard. Also i havent had a single drink yet which i think will be a big challenge
            Free android puzzle game
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Hey Guys

I thought i would give an update on my quitting smoking

Anyway

Week 2 and still smoke there were few challenges such as night on the piss yesterday and bit of crap from work today BUT have not had one. As i thought fuck it this is not an answer and instead of going to the shops to get smokes i went for a walk which helped a bit

Still on the patches tho using the 21mg patches but they seem to be too strong so i cut them in half. I have also been using the patch less i.e putting it on later in the morning and taking it off earlier at night giving my body a break from nicotine. I will finish this pack of patches by next Friday and then i think i will go on the lowest nicotine patch (last step). I will probably do this for another 2 weeks. By this time i will be smoke free for 5 weeks and i am hoping that i will be able to stand on my own 2 feet. If not i will get some gum and chew that when needed. Stay tuned for another update

Guys this can be done and if i can do it anyone can.

Comment

Keep going Rider. 5 weeks, im sorry to say, is a big danger zone. Stick with it.

Comment

Nice work Rider
                  I guess i should update myself aswell, Today is 2 weeks and 5th day without a smoke, nor an alcoholic drink
                  Seems to be pretty easy now, the thought still pops in my head once or twice every couple days but it quickly disappears
                  Free android puzzle game
                  https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
                    Nice work Rider
                    I guess i should update myself aswell, Today is 2 weeks and 5th day without a smoke, nor an alcoholic drink
                    Seems to be pretty easy now, the thought still pops in my head once or twice every couple days but it quickly disappears
                    This is cool we are in a similar boat altho you might be smoke free for few days more than me. Well done mate

Comment

Originally posted by Shortfuse View Post
                      Keep going Rider. 5 weeks, im sorry to say, is a big danger zone. Stick with it.
                      Why is that mate? Where did you think you will be out of the danger zone?

Comment

It took me +6 months. And I only smoked from 17 - 23 y/o. Just keep alert is all I am saying.

Comment

I have just finished my last packet of smokes. I haven't been smoking very long so it shouldn't be difficult but I just realise that I really don't like the habit...it's a filthy habit that wastes money! As mentiones, it'll be hardest when drinking but yeah..should be fine!

Gray

Comment

Good on ya Gray. Good that you are taking that first step and saying fuck this filthy habbit. If the cravings are there try patches they do take the edge of.

Good luck and keep us updated in a weeks time.

YOU CAN DO IT he he he he

Comment

I've been smoking since the start of this year. Last week I did some tests to help a friend who was doing some research for his thesis. One of the test's involved examining my breathing capacity. The last time I did this particular test, I was swimming with the state squad and scored almost twice the average. For this reaon I used to be able to hold my breath for 2 mins and 45 seconds(thats my record anyways). Anwyays, I did this test last week, and scored just under the average. I nearly cried when I got the results, whilst I don't participate in a whole lot of sport anymore, I was always proud that I maintained a high level of fitness. The results sorta killed that. It's amazing what less than a year of smoking can do.

So I said to myself, fuck this, I'm quitting before i'm even more hooked and completely fuck my lungs up. So it's been just over a week since my last smoke. Been pretty tough but meh. I'm also determined to do it cold turkey. So I'm feelin for ya Gray, let's do this as a team!

Comment

Originally posted by polonyman View Post
                                I've been smoking since the start of this year. Last week I did some tests to help a friend who was doing some research for his thesis. One of the test's involved examining my breathing capacity. The last time I did this particular test, I was swimming with the state squad and scored almost twice the average. For this reaon I used to be able to hold my breath for 2 mins and 45 seconds(thats my record anyways). Anwyays, I did this test last week, and scored just under the average. I nearly cried when I got the results, whilst I don't participate in a whole lot of sport anymore, I was always proud that I maintained a high level of fitness. The results sorta killed that. It's amazing what less than a year of smoking can do.

So I said to myself, fuck this, I'm quitting before i'm even more hooked and completely fuck my lungs up. So it's been just over a week since my last smoke. Been pretty tough but meh. I'm also determined to do it cold turkey. So I'm feelin for ya Gray, let's do this as a team!
                                Yep smoking will do that to you mate.

Well done for ditching the habit mate even tho you havent smoked very long it will still take lot of effort to kick it.

So now we got 4 quiters

RIDER
                                TEEDO
                                GREY
                                POLONYMAN

Comment

Working...
                                X