No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 months on and I'm still dreaming of lighting up and getting pissed off with myself in the dream. Last night had one where I realised that although I'd dreamt about it previously, this time I had actually lit up again. Wasn't until just now that I breathed a sigh of relief, realising that I'd dreamt about dreaming about still smoking

Don't "give up smoking". Adopt and embrace life as a non-smoker. It's a different mindset. Giving up something is a sacrifice - giving it up permanently is nigh on impossible if you think you like it. Adopting a change in lifestyle you know you want to do is a lot easier. When you approach it like this, the pangs and triggers for "omg I need a smoke" are things you can look at and laugh at, instead of being painful moments in life.

Keep up the good work, guys!
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Rider View Post
      Yep smoking will do that to you mate.

Well done for ditching the habit mate even tho you havent smoked very long it will still take lot of effort to kick it.

So now we got 4 quiters

RIDER
      TEEDO
      GREY
      POLONYMAN
      Three of which are in my lotto syndicate

Good advice CS, I'll try n take it onboard.

Comment

@CS he he he had a similar dream myself mate, its so scary how real it is..

And you are absolutely right mate about not giving up BUT living a different lifestyle

Comment

I've quit since around July 7th, the night I came off my bike and hit a tree. This accident left me with a hole in my lung as well as some other pretty bad damage to my body and since then I haven't even thought about smoking anymore.

Basically, sometimes you just need someone/something to knock some sense into you, like a tree.
          PSB Roller - http://soundcloud.com/talon

Comment

I've had plenty of those bloody dreams, having a smoke in your dream and then thinking FUCK what did i do, Then waking up with a sigh of relief and the best feeling ever that your still going strong
            Free android puzzle game
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

sometimes you just need someone/something to knock some sense into you, like a tree. [/QUOTE]

Yer I hear ya, a couple years ago my dad had an accident and almost died. It left him living on Dialysis for around 4 months. He quit for a long time after that, only just starting again recently (stupidest move EVER!).

It's definitely bloody hard when drinking! Being on a mine site, it's pretty much the done thing to sink piss when you finish work and when every one around you is smokin and you can smell it it makes you want one even more...

We can do it guys, stay strong!

Comment

It's funny with the drinking thing, though. I got fairly pissed three nights after I quit. I nearly didn't go, just in case. But then I realised - the best time to try was when I was fresh and excited about quitting.

Got through the whole night without a twinge. It was the most awesome feeling.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

here is my weekly update for week 3. Still smoke free and haven't cheated once. All that know me cant believe that i am/could do this.

Still on the patches (10mg) and next week i am doing down in patches dosage (7mg).

So how is everyone else doing TEEDO,GREY, POLONYMAN?

Comment

Nice work Rider
                    Umm small bad news from me, Had ONE smoke friday night after a few drinks (First time i had drunk since quitting)
                    Regretted it all saturday, and didn't have any when i got twice as drunk saturday. No cravings or anything and it feels like as if i didn't have one besides the feeling of failure and not being able to say i haven't had a single smoke in 4 weeks, i think i'm still going strong
                    Free android puzzle game
                    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

Comment

Originally posted by Teedo View Post
                      Nice work Rider
                      Umm small bad news from me, Had ONE smoke friday night after a few drinks (First time i had drunk since quitting)
                      Regretted it all saturday, and didn't have any when i got twice as drunk saturday. No cravings or anything and it feels like as if i didn't have one besides the feeling of failure and not being able to say i haven't had a single smoke in 4 weeks, i think i'm still going strong
                      Yeh thats not too bad, as long as you didn't get a pack.

GO the PSB quitters

Comment

started a course of patches today :p

*fingers crossed*
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Good work guys. 5 years ago for me and it's the best thing I ever did for myself.

Remember, everything in life that is hard....is worth it.
                          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                            started a course of patches today :p

*fingers crossed*
                            Good work mate. I have been smoke free for over a month now and still on the patches and will be on them for another 2 or 3 weeks. Make sure you take the patches off when you are going to sleep, maybe 30min before you go. I have some really really weired dreams

Good luck with it and keep us updated

Comment

not doing so good guys...*looks down at the ground, so as not to see the shame in his teammates eyes..*

I had a really shit week at work this week (stocktake on a mine-site is not fun!). After work, I REALLY needed a smoke. No-one was around so I had to go and buy some (bad idea!). So, naturally I finished that packet...It took me two and a half days to get through it and now it's done. Still doing stocktake and stressed out (the guys I'm doing it with now are smokers!) but because I finished my packet, I'm not gonna have one..

I was doing o.k while I was off site (got tanked with my mate and his missus and had a couple then) but the stress got to me up here...

Sorry guys...good work for keeping strong!

Gray

Comment

Hey Gray just keep trying mate....I tend to go for a walk when i need a smoke it works for me....

Comment

Working...
                                X