Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PSB Quit Smoking Help thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Hey mate, Don't wait until new year do it now all the cool kids are quitting

    If you use this as your new years resolution it probably wont work as they never do......If anyone is lacking will power its me i am the undisputed KING of procrastination. So if i can do it anyone can
    Yeah well your chatting to the QUEEN of procrastination!!! I really need to work off a date besides need to loose the chunk I put on after last attempt. See procrastination .
    I challenge you both and claim the title of procrastination overlord

    I did have a cigar tonight during a game of poker with friends, I hardly count that as smoking however. Still no cigarettes Poker is the ultimate test as far as I am concerned. Beer + gambling = ultimate desire

    Comment


    • #77
      ooh...poker! I love poker...lol

      Comment


      • #78
        day 2..

        ok i did have a freaky dream last night, and although i did die at the end of it, it wasnt too scary.

        i have also discovered something in my fridge that smells bad.. somehow i never noticed it before.

        and i have just returned from south perth's gourmet deli... god i was starving today, its pig out time hooray for taste buds!
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by g0zer View Post
          day 2..

          ok i did have a freaky dream last night, and although i did die at the end of it, it wasnt too scary.

          i have also discovered something in my fridge that smells bad.. somehow i never noticed it before.

          and i have just returned from south perth's gourmet deli... god i was starving today, its pig out time hooray for taste buds!
          I suggest you stay away from food cos you gona pack on the wight and you are going to be at squere1.....If you are going to eat make sure its like fruit or something...

          Keep it up mate

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Rider View Post
            I suggest you stay away from food cos you gona pack on the wight and you are going to be at squere1.....If you are going to eat make sure its like fruit or something...

            Keep it up mate
            fruit?

            i was thinking more along the lines of cured meats, pickled vegetables, heavy cheeses, buttered bread and bottles of wine ^_^
            Originally posted by Bendito
            If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by g0zer View Post
              fruit?

              i was thinking more along the lines of cured meats, pickled vegetables, heavy cheeses, buttered bread and bottles of wine ^_^
              its not meant to be fun

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                fruit?

                i was thinking more along the lines of cured meats, pickled vegetables, heavy cheeses, buttered bread and bottles of wine ^_^
                And this is why my ass exploded, nar...I didn't have to food cravings but still packed on the chunk "GO FIGURE"
                Sanity is Overrated

                Comment


                • #83
                  I gave up to late ,I now have lung disease and to give you guys an idea what it is like put 2 drinking straws in your mouth and breath through them for 3 or 4 hours? and worst is that you dont have a sex life any more because when you are out of breath you cant keep a hard on.
                  So guys make the best effort to give them up because it will get .
                  I was only 1 1/2 packs a week

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Rob Russell View Post
                    I gave up to late ,I now have lung disease and to give you guys an idea what it is like put 2 drinking straws in your mouth and breath through them for 3 or 4 hours? and worst is that you dont have a sex life any more because when you are out of breath you cant keep a hard on.
                    So guys make the best effort to give them up because it will get .
                    I was only 1 1/2 packs a week
                    hope there is a cure for you mate.....

                    There is few of us here who are on the way to a new life style so hopefully it will be the best thing we have ever done.. GO PSB

                    I am stoked it been nearly 6 weeks and not one smoke

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Rob Russell View Post
                      I gave up to late ,I now have lung disease and to give you guys an idea what it is like put 2 drinking straws in your mouth and breath through them for 3 or 4 hours? and worst is that you dont have a sex life any more because when you are out of breath you cant keep a hard on.
                      So guys make the best effort to give them up because it will get .
                      I was only 1 1/2 packs a week
                      Thats so sad and scary at the same time...You poor thing
                      Sanity is Overrated

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Rob Russell View Post
                        I gave up to late ,I now have lung disease and to give you guys an idea what it is like put 2 drinking straws in your mouth and breath through them for 3 or 4 hours? and worst is that you dont have a sex life any more because when you are out of breath you cant keep a hard on.
                        So guys make the best effort to give them up because it will get .
                        I was only 1 1/2 packs a week
                        thats bad, i am starting to get worried about emphysima.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Rider View Post
                          hope there is a cure for you mate.....

                          There is few of us here who are on the way to a new life style so hopefully it will be the best thing we have ever done.. GO PSB

                          I am stoked it been nearly 6 weeks and not one smoke
                          Ther is no cure,and my lungs worsen by 4% a year, if you are over 50 years you are to old for a transplant .

                          Dont leal sorry for me I was the dickhead that smoked

                          I have a different life stile now ,you dont realize how short life is untill you get sick ,you get to do thinkgs that you never would that is why I got my road bike(R6)not the bike I should have though .I have met some great peeps from PSB on rides and I have been to the GP 3times and going over to the WSB in Feb/March all from money that I would have spent on smokes.
                          The best gift you can give your self is to Quit smoking

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I am glad that you've found a positive light on your terrible situation. Stories like yours are the only reason that I find the will to quit, and I've only really been smoking for a year. I'm so glad I got a grip on it before it got a hold of me, can't imagine what its like for you oldies.

                            Got some fuckin serious cravings last night, I even drove to the servo and bought a pack, pulled one out and just about lit it up before I threw it on the ground an binned the pack Cold turkey ftw

                            Cheers for posting up Rob Russel, I need constant reminders like that to keep going. So do we all.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              polonyman
                              Carry a pease of drinking strew in your pocket and when you get the cravings breath through that and ask your self do I want to breath like this when i'm 50 years old.
                              keep at it.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Only just found this thread....I am back on the quitting wagon again and hoping I have the strength not to fall off this time.

                                I was doing really well for a portion of this year - having a partner who doesn't smoke but has told me he doesn't like it, whilst not lecturing me....has helped a great deal.

                                I am trying to get back into my old "healthy" lifestyle that lasted for quite a while around 2 years ago - before I had a couple of bouts of bad health and whiplash that knocked me off my new path.

                                When I was completely off them I was so proud and happy (after getting through that awful coughing up crap in the morning stage ) and back then I was exercising regularly (and enjoying it ), eating better and feeling great both physically and emotionally. I found that a exercise made me happier, which reduced the stress which had often been what made me smoke more.

                                Trying to go back to that good place again ....like I say I wasn't smoking for quite a bit there (I'm guessing a few months??) other than the verh occassional OPs at drunken parties - and often getting through work or drinking events without one. Then things got more stressful and I can't pin down why, I had a few with my neighbour, I know if I'm silly enough to smoke some of the funny green stuff it is also a massive trigger. Now after a week where I bought 3 packs and smoked them all within 4-5 days I am mad with myself .

                                Time to shape up and keep going with the Quit thing. I had the last of that 3 pack disaster week on Sunday and in the last 3 days I bummed one cig off a workmate, was disgusted with myself and am trying to find different ways to distract myself again while I get back into the swing of the exercise thing again....OMG the pain

                                I am not a "nicotine craving" girl - I don't notice any physical must haves - my addiction comes from what I'd call an emotional habit....bloody years of habit! I've been on and off cigs since I was around 18 and am now 34 . Each day all I can do is try and find different ways of dealing with stress and remind myself I'm better off without them, I'm better off without!!

                                Discipline has never been my strong point but with some support from others going through the same thing and a stubborn streak I hope to get there and this time STICK WITH IT
                                Originally posted by Elise
                                I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X