X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acdcfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Para045 View Post

How did you get the tablets to stay alight?

Seriously though good that you have given up the fags (and the smokes ) hopefully they aren't just replaced with a Champix addiction?

The MiL stopped smoking about 5 years ago but has replaced them with the gum and now instead of "chain smoking" is chain chewing and wondering why she can't shit solid and has stomach issues
    Champix tablets are not addictive...but I have found new addiction. A lot cheaper and it is called coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
    Well
    I have to say I have managed to quit smoking using champix tablets.
    How did you get the tablets to stay alight?

Seriously though good that you have given up the fags (and the smokes ) hopefully they aren't just replaced with a Champix addiction?

The MiL stopped smoking about 5 years ago but has replaced them with the gum and now instead of "chain smoking" is chain chewing and wondering why she can't shit solid and has stomach issues

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    I quit using Champix last November too, been clean since. Congrats mate

Leave a comment:

• acdcfan
    replied
    Well
    I have to say I have managed to quit smoking using champix tablets. I stopped for easter long weekend and haven't had one since

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    2003 for me...got addicted to gum though...sugar free of course. Quitting is one of the hardest things I ever did and took several attempts.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bean
    replied
    How time flies. It's been just over 2 years and I'm a happy non-smoker.
    Since giving away the cigarettes I've rewarded myself with numerous indulgent purchases. Several expensive helmets, magnesium rims and the most recent being a car. I spent about as much as I would have, had I kept smoking. Roughly $25,000.
    Suck shit tobacco companies. You'll never see another cent from me.

If at first you don't succeed, keep going. It's a very addictive drug and should be treated as such. I can't emphasize how important support was for me. I'm not sure I could have done it without the dozens of people who were always there for me. It helped me be determined and accountable.
    If you haven't already read it, I highly recommend Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking.

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    Just ticked over 10 weeks off the cigs and loving it. Was a bit aprehensive to go the Champix route due to the bad press I'd heard about it but I had no issues, other than a little bit of insomnia and getting a little backed up. More rigorous/regular exercise has helped with the sleeping and I'm feeling great now. Best of luck to everyone else out there going through the process

Leave a comment:

• Green Trident
    replied
    One of the few smart things I've done in my life is quitting durries, 30/6/1990.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMeanie
    replied
    3 weeks.
    [MENTION=27425]Mr Bean[/MENTION]’s favourite saying, “You are only one cigarette away from being a Smoker again.”
    Riding bikes is a good distraction.

Leave a comment:

• BERT
    replied
    Well done GM
    I gave up 9 Sept 2016 but made a few comebacks and stops again and have struggled with quitting in general

I came to a realisation that works for me and might work for you
    You are not trying to beat cigarettes, that's easy they're just a little bit of paper wrapped around some dried plant matter

What you have to overcome is the addiction .......
    If/when you succumb, before you light the smoke, before you even take it from the pack you have lost and the addiction has won

Stay strong, if you turn back now you have to do over what you have already done

Leave a comment:

• Sorbent91
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    [MENTION=27425]Mr Bean[/MENTION] is my inspiration.
    We actually gave up smoking the same time last year.
    One of us caved in and attempted to wean oneself off which didn’t bloody work.
    He sent me a message the other day telling me it had been 12 months.
    Yup. Time had flown and in the mean time I had spent at least $14k on smokes for another year.
    (This is totally coincidental).
    The next morning I get up and have the usual coffee with 4 or 5 ciggies and wander down to the local to get a new packet.
    As I walk in the usual Gal grabs my brand, scanned and waiting for my paypass input. I glance down and see $41.xx.
    WTF!
    $32.xx a few days ago.
    Returned home.
    Smoked the fucking things and said to myself, “Fuck you!”

I now burst into song impersonating Frank Sinatra or Skinhead O’Connor depending on the version of ‘Nothing Compares 2 U” you prefer. With emphasis on the lines 1 and 2.

“It's been seven hours and fifteen days
    Since you took your love away...”

It hasn’t been 15 days. Barely 4. But that is 4 days longer than I have lasted before and I hate to point the bone at myself, I feel I have done the 4 days easier than I did the 3 hours the time before.

I have an empty packet on hand. I now am aware of the subconscious reach for a durry as I come up empty handed.
    I also have a Mate that has done it (see above), and a supportive workmate and boss.

The sleep patterns are totally fucked as you can see.
    I have stupid coughing fits. WTF. I didn’t cough when I was a smoker!

So after along and fulfilling friendship of some 48 years I have said ‘Goodbye’ to my friend Mr. Nicotine.

Due to the chemical embalances in my brain ‘GM’s Thread for when he is banned from Facebook’ should get a solid work out for the rest of my foreseeable life.
    Go you! I have faith in you I’d offer to bring my guns to knock Mr Nicotine out but I know you can do it on your own.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bean
    replied
    Good on you Simon. You can do it mate. I've got your back.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMeanie
    replied
    [MENTION=27425]Mr Bean[/MENTION] is my inspiration.
    We actually gave up smoking the same time last year.
    One of us caved in and attempted to wean oneself off which didn’t bloody work.
    He sent me a message the other day telling me it had been 12 months.
    Yup. Time had flown and in the mean time I had spent at least $14k on smokes for another year.
    (This is totally coincidental).
    The next morning I get up and have the usual coffee with 4 or 5 ciggies and wander down to the local to get a new packet.
    As I walk in the usual Gal grabs my brand, scanned and waiting for my paypass input. I glance down and see $41.xx.
    WTF!
    $32.xx a few days ago.
    Returned home.
    Smoked the fucking things and said to myself, “Fuck you!”

I now burst into song impersonating Frank Sinatra or Skinhead O’Connor depending on the version of ‘Nothing Compares 2 U” you prefer. With emphasis on the lines 1 and 2.

“It's been seven hours and fifteen days
    Since you took your love away...”

It hasn’t been 15 days. Barely 4. But that is 4 days longer than I have lasted before and I hate to point the bone at myself, I feel I have done the 4 days easier than I did the 3 hours the time before.

I have an empty packet on hand. I now am aware of the subconscious reach for a durry as I come up empty handed.
    I also have a Mate that has done it (see above), and a supportive workmate and boss.

The sleep patterns are totally fucked as you can see.
    I have stupid coughing fits. WTF. I didn’t cough when I was a smoker!

So after along and fulfilling friendship of some 48 years I have said ‘Goodbye’ to my friend Mr. Nicotine.

Due to the chemical embalances in my brain ‘GM’s Thread for when he is banned from Facebook’ should get a solid work out for the rest of my foreseeable life.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Can't recall, did you cold turkey or use nico substitution?

I did cold turkey and wont go back but vino consumption went up.

As did gut.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bean
    replied
    How time flies.

Today marks a year since I became a non smoker. I think I've actually done it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X