Loud printer probs at werk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud printer probs at werk

We just got a load of HP4350's(55ppm) in to replace the ageing 4050's(12ppm) and the lusers are complaining about how loud the new printers are. I am telling them tough luck and that they can go back to their old printers if they are going to whinge. This shut them up for a while but now they are getting pretty pissed off with the noise while talking to clients on the phone and such.

Does anyone know or heard of sound proofing these suckas or anyone around town that would make a cabinet or box to put around the printer to make it a little quieter?

Cheers
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Originally posted by Ace@Feb 28 2005, 10:49 AM
    We just got a load of HP4350's(55ppm) in to replace the ageing 4050's(12ppm) and the lusers are complaining about how loud the new printers are. I am telling them tough luck and that they can go back to their old printers if they are going to whinge. This shut them up for a while but now they are getting pretty pissed off with the noise while talking to clients on the phone and such.

Does anyone know or heard of sound proofing these suckas or anyone around town that would make a cabinet or box to put around the printer to make it a little quieter?

Cheers
    [snapback]96528[/snapback]
    Sounds like you don't have another room to put them in??

Could always try putting a couple of those dividers up in front of them, obviously only a small place you work at

We have 4 Canon printer/faxes/scanners/copiers going all the time along with about 70 people on this floor all yacking and carrying on, tell them to think themsilves lucky!! Could be a lot worse

Comment

Ace these are noisy printers. Thats the way they are. I suggest move them away from the ppl as they arnt made to sit on the desk. Very un healthy to breath in the shit these pump out.

Comment

Originally posted by pete_026@Feb 28 2005, 11:13 AM
        Ace these are noisy printers. Thats the way they are. I suggest move them away from the ppl as they arnt made to sit on the desk. Very un healthy to breath in the shit these pump out.
        [snapback]96534[/snapback]
        hahaha cool I will move them closer to the peeps using them then.

I think we are stuck in a hardware contract with HP so there is not much we can do regarding brand of printers for the next year or so. The lay out of the floors we are on are basically 2 long corridors with offices on either sides and secretaries down the middle and the theroy is approx 10 people to each printer and with 5 of these suckas down each corridor printing reems and reems of paper each day it can get quite loud for an office.
        1, Always look good
        2, Always know what you're doing
        3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

What, you guys don't remember the old days of the giant communal, tractor fed, dot-matrix printer?

They had their own sound proof enclosure coz they sounded like a chainsaw and were nearly as loud.
          sigpic

Comment

My printer had a sqeak, but I found the problem...

Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

hehehehe just like our copier at work, cept the pic aint as good quality

Comment

Hey Booze nice bike, but why didn't you get a seat cowl??? or haven't u gotten around to puttin it on??

Comment

Originally posted by dugy@Feb 28 2005, 12:52 PM
                  What, you guys don't remember the old days of the giant communal, tractor fed, dot-matrix printer?
                  They had TRX 850s in them? :o
                  No wonder they were big and noisy!

*ducks from dugy and TRX spear tackle*

Comment

Hey man,

I did a quick search on couple IT site i subscribe and didnt find jack...

but I would look at some kind of ARC over the printers... bit like a plane hanger. with sound deadener/rubber lining inside of it...

wouldnt be too hard to get someone to fabricate up one n test it out... will either stop the sound reverberating or make it echo like a mother fucker?

as for them all in one photocopier/printer dosey woggers, we just brought a few of for our West Perth office.... and garuntee'd they cant be noisers than the printers there are replacing.

Comment

Ok... i thought this thread was gunna help me too.... but guess not..

I got an Epson Stylus 740... and its REAL FUCKIN noisy... but it wasnt when i got it.... its only started making a racket the last few weeks... ive opened her up..had a peek.. nothing seems wrong... but then again i know fuckall about printers.... any suggestions?

sorry bout stealing yer thread

Comment

just make a box that goes over the top of it. like a wooden tissue box cover. when it needs more paper just lift the box off. if they complain about the box they can put up with the noise.
                        our tune-up machine here has an enclosure that the printer sits in that's got a slot at the top for the paper to come out. works a treat.
                        what would happen, if this were gone, would you be there, for how long. . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by xphread@Feb 28 2005, 07:04 AM
                          They had TRX 850s in them?* :o
                          No wonder they were big and noisy!*

*ducks from dugy and TRX spear tackle*
                          [snapback]96612[/snapback]
                          Ha-fuggin-ha. <_<
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stonneville@Feb 28 2005, 03:02 PM
                            Hey Booze nice bike, but why didn&#39;t you get a seat cowl???* or haven&#39;t u gotten around to puttin it on??
                            [snapback]96611[/snapback]
                            how ya goin man. no real reason why i havent got one. i got a price off kwakka northside but havent got round to getting one yet. plus i take my sis for a cruise every now n then

Comment

I did the same, replaced some 4050s with 4350s. They&#39;re noisy, but they&#39;re pantloads faster - so keep telling the users they can revert back if they want.

Comment

Working...
                              X