How fit are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fit are you?

Hey all, just wondering how the average psb member goes in the line of fitness?

how to I add a poll?
    I couldn't make it to the fridge without stopping for a beer
    28.36%
    I've been known to go for a jog between blue moons
    28.36%
    I'm reasonably fit, i compete in athletic activities and do average
    37.31%
    I usually enter in long distance athletic events and see a good result
    5.97%
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

Doing the rotto swim next year, made it last year ahead of 99% of everyone. That swim is 90% fitness and 10% technique/speed so i'd say im pretty high on the scale.
    Last edited by polonY; 23-10-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Not as fit as I used to be, not anywhere near as fit as I'd like to be. But working on it (slowly).
      No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

I can lift fings wot arrrr Hebby

Dubs

Comment

Unfit. It doesn't take anything much to distract me from going to the gym or walking the pup

Comment

I regularly lift 100kg rubbish bins but I can't jog 100m without being very short of breath. Working on it though.

Comment

Fitter than your average Nanna these days. I can walk 8km in an hour. Bloody osteoarthritis stops me from running. I can swim 1km without stopping and 20km on the pushbike is easy. OK it's shameless boasting but I've worked friggin hard to get this fit and I'm proud of it.
              Zaffira
              Raise your finger to fear and live in a moment of sublime horror.
              Ice Cruiser the daughter of a 1950's Hoon Stunta!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaffira View Post
                Fitter than your average Nanna these days. I can walk 8km in an hour. Bloody osteoarthritis stops me from running. I can swim 1km without stopping and 20km on the pushbike is easy. OK it's shameless boasting but I've worked friggin hard to get this fit and I'm proud of it.
                Zaffira
                I'd say thats pretty damn good. I think you'd be fitter than the vast majority of Australians. Especially the swim 1km without stopping bit.

I'd consider myself reasonably fit. Need to trim some excess bear belly, but I still ride the deadly regularly and swim a bit and run a couple time a week. These days my muscle strength is somewhat akin to that of a weak 5yr old, but my cardio is OK.

Comment

thank god blue moons dont happen very often

Comment

Not as fitt as I should be, but after being a non-athlete as a kid, ran a marathon last year in 3 hr 36min, as a 48 year old.

When I've competed in half marathons, I finish in the top third. Did 10 kms in 44 min last year. The hardest thing about the marathon caper, is getting the time to practice....in training, a short run is 16 kms, most between 20 & 30 kms.

Comment

Im embarisingly unfit.....
                      I'll walk 25 min on a wednesday and skate in circles for an hour on a saturday
                      Sad to say the above is a big improvement on how I used to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbyte View Post
                        Im embarisingly unfit.....
                        I'll walk 25 min on a wednesday and skate in circles for an hour on a saturday
                        Sad to say the above is a big improvement on how I used to be!
                        pfft

sif

you is uber fitness person thingy

hooz the one that keeps on skiing when we all say :sook: i've had enough?

J00, that h00

Dubs

Comment

After a long struggle against injury, pitiful strength and stamina I've finally reached the point where I'm running 5km three days a week.

I expect that, in another two or three weeks, it will stop being such torture.

At which point I'll think of something else to add (more speed and/or more distance) to make it hurt again
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Fit enough but never good enough.
                            This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

I row(ergo) for an hour 3-6 times per week, I'm pushing 15 k's per session at the moment.
                              Despite that, I really suck at push ups, so I started the hundred push up thing a few weeks ago.. it's really making a difference.
                              "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Working...
                              X