Blue-Sniper Rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue-Sniper Rifle

As most of you are probably aware that the "10 metre max distance" between bluetooth devices is full of shit, check out this gun that can reach bluetooth devices approx 1 mile away. Makes you think twice about leaving your bluetooth devices on when all they need is something like this and some simple hacking tools.

BlueSniper Rifle

Just remember if you decide to make one yourselves, it may look a tad suss if you're standing on the top of buildings wielding this device.
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

You are a geek.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

NO I'M NOT, CAUSE I HAVE BIG GUN SNIPEY THING!
      LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
      Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Originally posted by ChOOkiE@Mar 11 2005, 11:14 AM
        As most of you are probably aware that the "10 metre max distance" between bluetooth devices is full of shit,
        [snapback]99296[/snapback]
        You want geek?

According to the spec. (which I didnt have to look up! )
        Bluetooth "Power class 3" devices are ~3ft (or 1m)
        Bluetooth "Power class 2" devices are ~30ft (or 10m)
        Bluetooth "Power class 1" are 300tf (~100m) range because of the limit of 100mW transmission power.
        Same with Wireless LAN / WiFi or whatever you want to call it. According to FCC etc, max transmission power is 100mW.
        Nothing stopping you from creating or boosting a device to a greater power that can blast for say 10 Kms.
        (well, apart from the police who come round later... they will find out where you are by the electrical disturbances and the dead birds and people (probably including yourelf) in the area.

You can increase the transmission power and receive sensitivities of a wireless device, but it wont be bluetooth compliant. (doesnt mean it wont work with bluetooth devices ) It also doesnt mean that devices on the market stick to the transmission limits of power class 2 either. <_< They want their devices to be more reliable at the 10m limits, so they probably boost theirs a little too.

But yes - things like this highlight the need for security that most people aren&#39;t aware of or would even think about...
        "What do you mean someone can get my friends contact numbers from my phone, even if I hold onto my phone tight?"

Comment

Oh yeah, sit in a park waving THAT thing around and see how well the explanation "Dude, I&#39;m just wardriving!" works on the feds.
          It is worth remembering that when a person dies, his or her funeral contributes to the Gross Domestic Product, even though they are no longer there.
          - David James

Comment

mmmm thats reall geeky!
            RIP Scott!
            RIP Onikage!
            RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Heh, but how easy would wardriving be with a smaller aerial set up to look like a radio aerial on the car.....

*ponders* ^_^

The maccers on wanneroo rd near the end of gnangara has a wifi hotspot.....might have to try h4x0r1ng the loop from out in the car!
              Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by Chester@Mar 18 2005, 11:54 PM
                Heh, but how easy would wardriving be with a smaller aerial set up to look like a radio aerial on the car.....

*ponders* ^_^

The maccers on wanneroo rd near the end of gnangara has a wifi hotspot.....might have to try h4x0r1ng the loop from out in the car!* *
                [snapback]101245[/snapback]
                yeah just imagine the pranks you can pull
                [SIZE=4]YOU WANT HOW MANY FRIES WITH THAT???

Comment

Working...
                X