Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed _ blank dvd disks brand

hi ya<

excuse the typing and lack of commas etc< keyboard not functioning after a cup of tea was spilt on it>

anyhow< have been using imation blank dvd"s< and am not real impressed with their reliability>

anyone recommend a good brand single layer dvd disk?
    and maybe where to get them from if its anywhere different from strathfields or harvey norman?

thanks>

rob
    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Go to PLE!!
    www.ple.com.au

Dont know what brand is a good one, but I know where to shop!

Comment

good brands are TDK and SONY !!!!
      WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

tdk are great... we sell a spindle of 50 + or - with printable labels for about 39 bucks...
        tba.....

Comment

Agree, cant go wrong with named brands...

Im using the LASER Azo DVD`s ATM and had no complaints.

However, always burn DVD`s at lowest speed and I find they always work much better as movies. If I burn them too fast I find the movies skip towards the end.

Just my 2 cents...

Hope it helps

Comment

TDK, and the TDK Armour plated if you have shtuff you need to keep for ages without scratches or anything..... The armour plated discs are the business for backups! (Just a lot more expensive!!)

Plain TDK are damn good too.
            Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterP@Mar 14 2005, 09:16 PM
              Agree, cant go wrong with named brands...

Im using the LASER Azo DVD`s ATM and had no complaints.

However, always burn DVD`s at lowest speed and I find they always work much better as movies. If I burn them too fast I find the movies skip towards the end.

Just my 2 cents...

Hope it helps
              [snapback]99964[/snapback]

eeewwwww laser discs are crap

ive burnt well over 1000 princo and vertex discs and dont have a problem with them hey

25 for a spindle of 50 last time i brought them

Is Dead

Comment

Originally posted by gpx_gal@Mar 14 2005, 07:40 PM
                Go to PLE!!
                www.ple.com.au
                Princo Cheap & Reliable,same as ninja I&#39;ve burnt 1000&#39;s of princo&#39;s

Comment

Princo.

Comment

Id agree with Princo - and I stay WELL away from Laser - Check out http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/oscommerce/catalog/ for cheap media and great service

I use ple for most of local stuff, but I prefer JPL for my media etc

Comment

Originally posted by Daozguy@Mar 23 2005, 12:01 PM
                      Id agree with Princo - and I stay WELL away from Laser - Check out http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/oscommerce/catalog/ for cheap media and great service
                      [snapback]102478[/snapback]
                      hmm interesting.

I&#39;ve never heard of Taiyo Yuden before, any good?

*giggles* nice selection of coffee machines too

Comment

I have run Vertex and Laser, no problems.

One thing you must remeber is that a disk is suited to a DVD burner, between 3 of my mates , we all use different DVD&#39;s as our burners dont use the same stuff . I use Laser now , not one coaster apart form a windoze lockup .... all fine. Mates machine, will NOT work , other machine will burn but has read errors. The ones that he uses dont work good for me .... and so on .

So its relative to the drive you run - not allways the disk. FWIW i have a Iomega unit , made by Mitsubishi .

Comment

Originally posted by saf@Mar 23 2005, 03:06 PM
                          I have run Vertex and Laser, no problems.

One thing you must remeber is that a disk is suited to a DVD burner, between 3 of my mates , we all use different DVD&#39;s as our burners dont use the same stuff . I use Laser now , not one coaster apart form a windoze lockup .... all fine. Mates machine, will NOT work , other machine will burn but has read errors. The ones that he uses dont work good for me .... and so on .

So its relative to the drive you run - not allways the disk. FWIW i have a Iomega unit , made by Mitsubishi .
                          [snapback]102533[/snapback]

ive got an LG burner
                          Is Dead

Comment

i use what ever is on special, never had a problem with laser discs.
                            but there are differences with the program used, i use nero 6 to burn movies and xbox games no problem and no coasters.
                            i have used other programs with much discuss (roxio crap)
                            modchips, upgrades, xbox, ps2 pro install, life time warranty

Comment

Originally posted by rentlr@Mar 24 2005, 10:39 PM
                              but there are differences with the program used, i use nero 6 to burn movies and xbox games no problem and no coasters.
                              [snapback]103169[/snapback]
                              MOTHER OF GOD ..... you pirate movies ?????????

Ona serious note, Nero 6 ultra kicks ass as you say, and the best outright DVD copy software is some freeware called DVD Shrink. It rips and copies all on its own , tiny application and works a CHARM .

Comment

Working...
                              X