fixing an IKEA futon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing an IKEA futon

my housemate has this futon and i have managed to break 3 of the wooden slats. now i will be able to get replacement slats from IKEA but the problem is the little plastic things that they sit in - i cant for the life of me figure out how to get them out with out destroying them. and unfortunatly IKEA doesnt have replacements of those parts.

so does anyone have any idea how i can get these things out or how i can fix this couch?

thanks

Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

top work *person who is shagging tash*!
    The Twitter

Comment

no shagging was involved in the breakage of this couch unfortunately
      Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

You should be able to slide one end in and then bend the slats up, then slide the other side in...a bit hard to explain on the net. But you should be able to get the plastic bracket out of the frame. On the pic it looks like there is one missing anyway, just see if you can figure out of that one, how they are mounted.
        If you get stuck pm me and I see if I can fix it for you.
        SP RACINGis supported by:
        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

I have EXACTLY the same ones on my bed...

just rip them out, possibly bend it back whilst pulling it out... I've done it several times
          if that fails then hit the plugs out from underneath with a screwdriver if possible, or lever the whole thing out with a screwdriver

Comment

the one that is missing is one that we ripped off its broken and wont go back in cos the little bits that go into the frame are still in.
            we tried getting that one out with pliers and screwdrivers but it ened up just ripping.
            \
            cant hit them from underneath either cos theres no way to get to them. the underneath is all inside the frame.

i havent got the slates yet but will be getting them tomoro - hopefully the right size - and can try bending them to fit in then. but i somehow doubt i can bend them that much

Comment

yeah you CAN also bend them in to fit them, but its a LOT of effort and the slats make crackling noises

Comment

If I were going to ghetto superstar that shit all over it's face I would

Cut the top shit off the plastic thing off, so the slat fuck can drop into the friggen slot from the top cut open side of the slat, (one butt fisting side only, other fuking side can be inserted, like a donkey fucker, as per normal), then liquid nails that shit in before dropping it in like a roll of fuck

with the missing one, buy a slightly longer bit of wood from bunnings or something and so it sits over the existing holes, chuck some bolts in all done.

Like fuck
                Last edited by snowman95; 05-01-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

my nemesis fails again!

Comment

We had a couch like that in my house for bout 10 years... you can fix them all you want, more shit just breaks. Seriously just get rid of it and save yourself the time.
                    Spoiler: show
                    Was it worth it?

Comment

it didnt break cos it was a shit couch

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                        the one that is missing is one that we ripped off its broken and wont go back in cos the little bits that go into the frame are still in.
                        we tried getting that one out with pliers and screwdrivers but it ened up just ripping.
                        So you're admitting that you're not the only one to blame here Sure you weren't shagging now

Comment

no that was my housemate trying to get that bit oout
                          epic fail...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                            my nemesis fails again!
                            pfft! sif!

Comment

i gots the wooden slats in - the plastic things were able to bend enough to slide them in
                              only problem is the one that the housemate broke.... but other then that ive fixed what it was that a certain silly man broke :p

Comment

Working...
                              X