This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mirkz View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, by raking it in, how much are you bringing in roughly. I'm starting to consider changing my tactics for a bit to give me something fresh/new to do rather than just bounty hunting so trying to work out if trading is going to bring me in the kind of money I earn hunting, or possibly even mining.
    Well not much in the scheme of things, but certainly a lot more than I used to. I'm making around 14,000 per one-way 20ly trip now, consistently. Thinking about saving for a dedicated long range trading ship which should increase the credits per hour ratio significantly.

On Sunday just before the server update, I did 3 slave courier missions for 50,000 credits each. These easy-money missions seem harder to come by now.

BTW does PSB have a private group or is everyone playing open?

Comment

• Does Elite allow you to get to the point where you can buy/build a space station city?
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
      Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

• Not yet, but here's hoping. I always liked that about the X games until they wrecked the franchise with rebirth.
        Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
        "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
          BTW does PSB have a private group or is everyone playing open?
          Not a bad idea.

After doing a little research and before I read your replies I worked out what Resource Extraction Sites were and I headed there in an eagle. Prior to this I had been doing boring as batshit trade runs with the slaver run every time that came up (which wasn't often).

First time I jumped into a RES I scanned the ships and *bam* wanted Anaconda worth 86K. I started up on him at about the 10% mark and clipped the bounty. Then I mopped up the rest of the wanted and immediately traded up to a Cobra. Now I'm just heading out to the RES to get more coin for pimping out my Cobra. It's like owning a sports bike, there's always a new bit you NEED.

Anyhow, hit me up if you want to do some close game, or hit up the open world or whatever.

Excuse me while I now deal with the latest punk with a wanted who was foolish enough to scan me.

Comment

• As far as I know there's no 'PSB group' as such, seems a lot of us are playing.
            I've only got a few people here on my list.
            Feel free to add me if you're playing though.

- CMDR Gabriel Vankash

Comment

• There's a fairly steep learning curve for nubs.

So far I've failed several missions from contracters that want me to buy them illegal shit.
              Currently making money by hunting wanteds.

Is there any plotline to this, or are there corporations to join in anarchy systems? I'll admit i'm a little bit bored after pondering around grinding wanted people to buy a better ship.

Comment

• My pilot name is CMDR BubbaMc

I'll add you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxo View Post

Is there any plotline to this, or are there corporations to join in anarchy systems? I'll admit i'm a little bit bored after pondering around grinding wanted people to buy a better ship.
                  Not a direct plotline. There is however some loose story around it all, you can generally find out what's going on by reading the galnet news etc but it revolves around this or that faction doing whatever it is they're doing, you can choose to be a part of it or ignore it.

Comment

• My Oculus Rift will arrive on Monday. I will most likely be on all week. If you are getting bored with hunting people down grab yourself a cargo scanner, hatch breaker and an FSD intradictor and go around stealing peoples cargo. If you know what cargo to look for it can pay off really well.

and if you cant afford the hatch breaker, use the sub target menu to target there cargo bay, eventually with a few nicely landed shots you can break open the cargo bay.
                    You talk about domination, but have you ever caress her spine with your fingertips, Bedded her for the night, or gotten lost in her beauty?

Comment

• Let us know how the Rift goes.

I picked up AC: Unity last night, tried it out this morning on the pc, seems to run alright, although there is a drop in frames every 3-10 seconds. Seems to just drop around 5 frames for no apparent reason. This game is hugely RAM heavy, chews up about 6-7gb of ram alone, so it might be a sign for me to grab another 8Gb of ram, seems to be relatively cheap on PLE at the moment (same stuff as what I've got - 2x 4GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X C9 1600MHz), not sure if this'll help the FPS dumping or if that's an optimisation thing on Ubisoft's part.

Comment

• Few questions guys and gals...

- Is the PS4 worth getting?
                        - What games are worth getting for it?
                        - Can anyone point me in the direction of some good deals at the moment?

Cheers all!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wookie View Post
                          Few questions guys and gals...

- Is the PS4 worth getting?
                          - What games are worth getting for it?
                          - Can anyone point me in the direction of some good deals at the moment?

Cheers all!
                          The only thing I play on mine is Destiny.
                          '====
                          //`
                          -Magilla
                          They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred

Comment

• TBH, I'm surprised I still dont have the urge yet to get a PS4... my Xbone doesnt see much action either.... nothing really makes me "WOW!" on console at the moment..

however, tried playing Mafia 2 and Borderland and having it crash on start on my PC reminded me why console can be good....
                            "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

• The thing that excites me most about the PS4 is that you can now get Plex Client for it.

This should tell Sony something.
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla

Comment

• Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                                The thing that excites me most about the PS4 is that you can now get Plex Client for it.

This should tell Sony something.
                                Interesting...
                                I've been considering setting up Plex.

Comment

Working...
                                X