Moving East and Need a Removalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving East and Need a Removalist

Ok guys - so here's the deal ..... I am finailly making the big move - packing up home and kids (and dog) and moving to the Sunshine Coast.

What I was wondering is - has anyone here ever done a big move like this and if so who did you use to cart all your shit from one state to another.

Also looking for BEWARE signs for those companies you wouldn't use .

Cheers

Yep, Allied Pickford guy just left and my house is now full of boxes. They're coming in the morning to pick up all the boxes

I used AP to come over from Melbourne a few years ago too. No complaints. I got a few quotes this time and they were all about the same (bloody expensive) so I went with the one who felt the most professional.

C

Comment

I used Kents MEL - PER and PER - MEL. No real complaints - one box delivered upside down and the Melbourne office got a bit mixed up with charging me storage fees which was soon sorted out. They bought the shipping container to my place in Perth and that's what arrived here in Melbourne so no repacking/handling. They also crated two of my bikes and moved them too.
      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Keen Bros moved all my stuff from Perth to Canberra 18 months ago - no complaints here.

I can't comment on the cost as I didn't pay or it.

Comment

Moved from O/S to Melb. Melb -> Canberra -> Syd -> Per -> Canberra -> Brisbane -> Canberra -> Perth (and a few smaller moves in there as well). That's with kids, animals etc. Of all the movers I've used, Allied Pickfords were the best. Wouldn't go past them again.

D'Art

Comment

Moved from Perth to Brisbane. Used KT Moller for the shit, and Bikesonly.com.au for the bike.
            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

We used 1StopMoving to go between Perth & Busselton and then Busselton & Knx and definately didn't have any complaints. They were very reasonably priced and even helped us unpack things.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
                Moved from O/S to Melb. Melb -> Canberra -> Syd -> Per -> Canberra -> Brisbane -> Canberra -> Perth (and a few smaller moves in there as well). That's with kids, animals etc. Of all the movers I've used, Allied Pickfords were the best. Wouldn't go past them again.

D'Art
                Wow, I was feeling really sick of moving till I read that.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpetman View Post
                  Wow, I was feeling really sick of moving till I read that.
                  Should see the list with the first wife included and before I got married!

Comment

^^
                    I have moved heaps - as a kid, and a few times within WA and I love it .....I get itchy feet if I dont move house every now and then

this is a bit diffeent and I have so many mixed emotions about it BUT I know I have to do it

Thanks for the suggestions guys - for some reason Allied Pickford is in my memory bank from when I was younger. Time to get some quotes and get this road on the show! (House is getting valued today so its all go go go from here on in)

Comment

Giz a hoi when you settle here, I'll show you some good rides around your way.
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                        Giz a hoi when you settle here, I'll show you some good rides around your way.
                        Awesome ! My Mind is already settled settled over there ....just the formalities to take care of now. Will be living in Mountain Creek by the looks of it

Comment

Working...
                        X