• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great (Push) Bike Ride 2009

Anyone else doing this ??:

The Great (Push) Bike Ride: Sunday 22nd November 2009

There's three distances available: 10kms, 53kms, 106kms

It's always been a great day and it's for a good cause.

People do it on all kinds of bikes, although they don't like us bringing TT bikes because the bars are aparently dangerous
    Last edited by Big_Dave; 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM.
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

hmmm im trading my mb for a roadie and im hoping to be able to do 22km every 2nd day, maybe i should try the 56 k :S
    Master of the missed signals

Comment

20km is a pretty good ride, il do a 20 or 30km (round trip to perth from my place) every few days on my mb, and I wouldnt say i was fit hah
      Posted via Mobile Device
      http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
      how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

I am going to do the 106km if I am not at work.

So they won't allow aerobars then Big Dave? That sucks, it's a nightmare getting them set up right again after taking them off.

The young guy who stays at the house I stay at did it last year ( 106 ), said it took him about 3 hours 20min, but he's got his bike set up as a single speed, and he got 2 punctures, so I reacon on a 18 / 20 speed and no punctures I could crack it under 3 hours easy, probably about 2 1/2 hours, and better than that if I train for it.
        BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

I think they do, Last year I used a proper tri bike and they had a bit of a sad saying the bars were dangerous to others, but I still rode and didn't really have a problem with other riders of officals

Comment

So the offical line is no aerobars, but unofficially it's be careful if you want to use them? I'll be careful then

I just got new wheels too, will be a good thrash for them
            BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

bingo, the bars are really just frowned upon (but like you said, a pain in the arse to remove and then reinstall again), this year i'm just going to take by road training bike that's got aero bars on it.
              Just keep your eyes open along the way and keep in mind that most these people are unpredictable cage drivers. I saw four different crashes that ended up in 10+ person pile ups

Comment

Working...
              X