Investing in Foreclosed Homes in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing in Foreclosed Homes in USA

Wondering if anyones done it? Got any tips? Pitfalls? We're about to go and have a look at the possibilities of investing overseas. Let me know if you have done it and what your experiences were.
    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Oooooh, interesting...
    Find me on Instagram

Comment

Cashing in on other people's misery (and stupidity).. I've got a mate who's made good out of it but it's a gamble like everything in life. He's dropped about 200k on shotgun houses sold for around 10-20k+ and then spent an additional 10+ on getting them shipshape for sale or rental. He's got a good network of contacts over there and spends time on the ground doing the research. I considered it but then decided it would bring me no pleasure.

If you're serious and want me to put you in contact let me know and we can talk about it more tonight when I get home.
      Last edited by officer down; 08-08-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

If you invest 500k or more in certain places (eg: new ski resorts etc) in the US and that investment is successful, they'll give you and your family green card.

Something to think about.

EB-5 visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by officer down View Post
          If you're serious and want me to put you in contact let me know and we can talk about it more tonight when I get home.

thanx hunny...see you when u get here....Before 7pm though
          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

There are a great many pitfalls to it. Looked into it last year and the risk profile overall was too great for my liking. But if you have trusted contacts and understand the areas etc you could do alright.

Comment

Be aware that some places may be in 'dying' towns - those based around closed factories where population isn't likely to return.

Do some very good research, and possibly inspect the place before buying.

Comment

Very interested to know more about it, not that i have money to invest but still very interested

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                  If you invest 500k or more in certain places (eg: new ski resorts etc) in the US and that investment is successful, they'll give you and your family green card.
                  I'm not sure if that is a promise or a threat.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Working...
                  X