Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Guitar

I'm looking to learn the bass.

Anyone know any decent websites to look at equipment and prices?

Or can anyone with a bit of music background give any advice?

Alternatively, anyone looking at selling bass + amp (only looking for something cheap)?
    Originally posted by Roger Explosion
    Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

perthbands.com for secondhand stuff

music park in vic park I found did the best bass deals

Tony Gibbs in vic park, 9470 6131, is a very good bass tutor, not sure if he does beginners though.

Comment

Yeah, have spent a bit of time on Perthbands.com

Cheers for the info Lee. Will check it out.
      Originally posted by Roger Explosion
      Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

Bought all my gear off Pro Audio.

And started learning with tabs on the net. Start with easy music like Nirvana/grinspoon stuff.
        This is my signature.

Comment

i have a fender squire and a small 50w??(i think, would have to check) amp sitting in my shed not being used .. would be willing to part with em if u want .. I'm not back in perth till next weekend tho ..

also got a 1976 fender musicmaster bass which i'd be willing to part with for a decent offer ... almost all original cept paint and scratchplate ...
          Vincit Omnia Veritas
          sigpic

Comment

I recommend starting ear training as soon as possible. It's the one skill that is absolutely essential. The sooner you can get away from TABs and use your ear, the better imho.

See if you can follow the ideas in this thread (it's for guitar but ignore the two high strings and it'll work for bass);
            Understanding the guitar fretboard and playing by ear. - Jam Session - The Guitar Player's Discussion Forum

Comment

Working...
            X