C Programming nerds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Programming nerds

I know nothing of programming or compiling really, not something I have ever gotten into, and I have a package that keeps failing on compile....

Code:
    libdw_pic.a(libdw_alloc.os): In function `__libdw_oom':
    libdw_alloc.c:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to `__builtin_va_arg_pack'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [libdw.so] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/work/elfutils-0.131/libdw'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/work/elfutils-0.131'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
     * ERROR: dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2 failed.
     * Call stack:
     *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
     *             environment, line 2171:  Called die
     * The specific snippet of code:
     *       emake || die
     *  The die message:
     *   (no error message)
     * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
     * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/temp/build.log'.
     * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/temp/environment'.

>>> Failed to emerge dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package app-crypt/gnupg-2.0.11:

* If you wish to view images emerge:
     * media-gfx/xloadimage, media-gfx/xli or any other viewer
     * Remember to use photo-viewer option in configuration file to activate
     * the right viewer

* Messages for package dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2:

* ERROR: dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2 failed.
     * Call stack:
     *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
     *             environment, line 2171:  Called die
     * The specific snippet of code:
     *       emake || die
     *  The die message:
     *   (no error message)
     * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
     * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/temp/build.log'.
     * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.131-r2/temp/environment'.

* Regenerating GNU info directory index...
     * Processed 133 info files.

* IMPORTANT: 5 config files in '/etc' need updating.
     * See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
     * man page to learn how to update config files.
    Gentoo ~ #
    I've attached the build log and environment tables, hopefully it's somrthing simple someone can see.

EDIT: FFS, won't let me upload the logs.... too big.

you need to update your config files in /etc

Comment

Cheers princess

Comment

This may sound obvious but its to do with the reference of "__builtin_va_arg_pack"

its either a #define in a header (.h) file or is meant to be defined as an environment variable in the make files.

I'm not a big *nix person, but I'd be searching files that contain the #include files from libdw_alloc.c that mention "builtin_va_arg" (ignore the underscores at the front as they can be added sometimes through the process)
        See where its defined and ensure that file is included in the make files... and/or included in the libdw_alloc.c that is asking for it.
        (also check if there are conditions that might make the "#define"or "<include>" of that variable/header conditional.)

hope that helps somewhat.... I know sometimes I'm swimming in working out why packages arent compiling/installing.

Comment

What brought this on? emerge elfutils?
          "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

yeah, as part of emerge gnome.

Comment

What version of gcc do you have?
              "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

dev-cpp/gccxml doesn't work with g++-4.3.3

Gentoo Bug 275714 - dev-cpp/gccxml doesn't work with g++-4.3.3

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ml/+bug/293807
                "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

gcc version 4.3.2 (Gentoo 4.3.2-r3 p1.6, pie-10.1.5)
                  I just emerged genkernel, threw it in grub and rebooted then kicked off the emerge of gnome again, it's still compiling so we'll see how it goes.
                  I may have excluded something from the kernel that's stopping gcc somehow.

EDIT: Cheers Tom, I'll look into that as well, might be an issue with 4.3.2 as well.

Comment

from a couple of comments I've seen instalingl gcc 4.2 will fix it, if your feeling lazy
                    "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Yep, was something to do with my uber-svelte kernel.
                      Compiled fine using genkernel.

Comment

Working...
                      X