Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 3 employee help with phone

hey guys,

I need some help from someone that works at 3. My girlfriend went in today to upgrade her contract and get another phone she was after one that just basically sent sms and recieved calls. She was sold a phone that she does not understand or even know how to use. The lady who sold her the phone said it was really simple to use and she would find it easy (samsung i900) now my girlfriend being the person she is believed her but the phone is practically a mobile computer and she didnt even want something like that. The problem is with phone stores you cant use a store phone to see if you like it all you can do is look at it Is there a way she can change to another phone without paying her contract out etc (even though it started today)

Please help!

Edit: She tried calling 3 care but they just dont seem to care...
    Last edited by ashmo; 13-08-2009, 09:49 PM.
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

I'm pretty sure these kinda things have a cooling off period. Its usually about 14 days. If Customer service isn't of any help, then contact consumer affairs. While working for Motorola in Sydney I used to come across a lotta cases where consumers weren't offered cooling off periods and they used to end up fighting the case through consumer affairs. Hope things work out for you. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm No Superman View Post
      I'm pretty sure these kinda things have a cooling off period.
      There isn't a cooling off period for phones purchased in store. The cooling off period is the time before you sign on the dotted line.

Having said that, there are some points I'd like to address...

Originally posted by ashmo View Post
      The problem is with phone stores you cant use a store phone to see if you like it all you can do is look at it
      All Three stores (and most phones stores these days) have live models of most of the handsets that they can demo to customers.
      All stores will have an i900 to demo upon request, unless it was stolen and the manager of the store has not requested a replacement.

Is there a way she can change to another phone without paying her contract out etc (even though it started today)
      She can, but it won't be easy...
      Has she used the handset?
      I assume so, since she has decided she doesn't like it ^_^
      Where did she purchase it from? (Which store?)
      Did she ask for any specific features when buying the handset?
      Did she pick the i900 or was it recommended to her based on feedback the salesperson gained from her? (Big point of difference here... I've had someone come in once and tell me they wanted X on Y plan, do it now. I've done it, they've decided they aren't happy and have come back complaining. You haven't got much of a leg to stand on when you actually pick the phone before anything is said by the salesperson.)
      Will the salesperson remember her? Did she go back into the store afterwards and discuss it with them?

She may be able to get a swap for a different handset, but she's going to have to prove to someone that the Windows Mobile OS is not suitable to meet her needs.

Easy to use is far too subjective. I consider WM6.1 to be pretty easy to use, whereas I consider S60 to be horrendous and completely illogical in the way it is set out and consequently it moves to hard to use for me. (I still use it daily, and can get around it very well... But it's like shovelling shit with a housebrick. You can do it, but why you'd want to is beyond me.)

For someone else, S60 is maybe what they are used to and everything else is hard. (Poor souls you are. It's like only ever riding Hyosung 250. You refuse to ever experience anything better. )

The phone does SMS and it does call... So it is still technically fit for purpose here, the issue is with the ease of which your girlfriend can do these things? With time, she will be just as fast as messaging while driving as her old phone... There is always a learning curve with new phones.
      It brings me back to what I said before: She's going to need to demonstrate that the i900 will not meet her needs that were stated in store.
      What phone was she upgrading from?
      The other thing I'm going to ask is is the phone still in saleable condition? If it isn't perfect they won't be as likely to accept it back. A second hand phone is not able to be resold, so needs to be returned to the warehouse... As such she'll have to get the issue escalated beyond store level to get it resolved, as store personnel do not have the authority to do such things.

Comment

did she sign up to the $49 cap for 24months? She could just sell the phone and use her old phone again. Most phones these days are pretty much mini computers now., what phone did she have before? Don't think she be able to cancel the phone but someone on these forums would be more than happy to swap the phone for another easier (most probably cheaper) phone.

Comment

Originally posted by chausta View Post
          She could just sell the phone
          bingo!

she's gonna have a whole lot of trouble and time spent on the phone with customer care trying to get a new phone that way.. its possible but its time consuming..

she could just pop it up for sale on here/quokka/ebay or something and buy another one (im assuming since she wants a more basic phone the cost of it should be covered by the price of the omnia...)

Comment

so the GF bought a fone and now doesnt want it?

Why SHOULD 3 care?

Dubs

Comment

is your girlfriend blonde?

(honestly, how hard is it to use a phone...?)

Comment

If all she needs to to is talk and sms I'm sure she can easily ignore all the 'computer' features and just focus on a couple of buttons. Surely it can't be that hard

Comment

i was in the same position. I was using an e51 and then upgraded my contract to an htc touch pro for ten bucks a month...Hated it. I couldn't do anything about it according to a friend at a 'mo's' store apart from make up a story about the store lying to me so that i would sign up to their contract. And then contact acc or the telephone communications board authority (can't remember it's official name.)

Long story short. I sold the phone on ebay for five fifty.
                  Profit of three ten (which got spent on new tyres)

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Tell her I'll swap it for a Nokia N95 (I'm with 3 also)
                    Find me on Instagram

Comment

Dunno why you would buy a phone without actually using it first

Just let them know you would like to have a play with a live model, they will bring one out no dramas

Comment

Poor phone sales person really.
                        If somebody asks for something just to SMS with and recieve calls, a Smartphone is way overkill.
                        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Hahahaha, I was going to post what you guys said but I spent ages typing out my response and I didn't want to seem to harsh.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, she should be at 3 now trying to sort it out, she was unaware you could try phones ( I didn't even know that) she was sold a phone that is way overkill for her needs. If worse comes to worse I'll put it up for sale here or eBay and hopefully earn enough so she can buy the phone she wants outright.
                            RIP ADRIAN LEE
                            16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
                            I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
                              Poor phone sales person really.
                              If somebody asks for something just to SMS with and recieve calls, a Smartphone is way overkill.
                              Exactly... don't they have those $200 prepaid phones or whatever it is?

Comment

Working...
                              X