Pinnacle PCTV nano stick trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle PCTV nano stick trouble

I've got the above USB TV thing for the laptop. It works pretty well in Perth when I hook it up to the house roof aerial with a tee splitter out the back of the tele set.

Now I'm at Karratha in the Sea Ripple camp, and when the PCTV scans for the channels, it doesn't get anything, free tv or Foxtel. I have it set up exactly the same as in Perth. Is it because the camp has Foxtel, and I don't have that in Perth? Is the reception too poor here? The unit comes with it's own small aerial, but if it can't find any channels with the proper building aerial I can't imagine it will with the little aerial.

The only other thing I could think of is the last one ( Pinnacle thing ) broke just before I left, so I got another one excatly the same. I didn't uninstall the old software and install the software with the new one as they are identical, and I only got the original one in December so I couldn't imagine the software would have changed. Also, the new one brings up the screens the same, everything works, it just can't find any channels.

Any ideas appreciated.
    BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

The receiver is digital, the singal you're getting in Karachi is analogue.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

what sort of tuner is it, analogue or digital? i've got a pinnacle hybrid tuner, does both. on our site we only have analogue transmission, so try finding out what sea ripple are transmitting
      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Fuckit I thought it was supposed to be anologue and digital? Any recommendations for a good anologue receiver?

Comment

jafa, pinnacle hybrid tuner, give you the best of both worlds. think mine was about $160? or was it $90?
          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

OK thanks Chief. I'll try to find one online and get it sent up, hopefully before the next round of MotoGP ( missed recording tonight's one ).

Where'd you get it from? Dick Stiffs? JB Hifi only seem to have the digital one I have.

Comment

got mine from hardly normals

Comment

Working...
              X