Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Gas

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone has experience with these sorts of systems with their diesel run vehicles?

I have a Vito van that I am looking at installing one of these units but would like to hear the thoughts of users who have got actual experience with them.

Also, if you can reccommend a reliable company that you use as well as an approximate ballpark for your system, it would be great.

Cheers!

arent they only something like a 2L 4 cylinder engine? I wonder if you'd really get all that much improvement in economy?

Comment

Yep, 4 cylinder 2l thereabouts turbo diesel.

Well, the technology sounds logical and has the dyno graphs to show the power increase. Guess the only way to find out the economy is to try it which is why I'm asking if anyone who has experience with it to share their thoughts.

Comment

Turbo diesels with gas conversions have a massive increase in economy and power
        A few guys on Perth4x4 have done it and absolutely love it.
        It burns a lot more of the diesel that otherwise is left unburnt and also the unburnt causes more smoke. so it runs cleaner too
        Originally posted by Desmogod
        Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

Yep, thats what I've read. Now I just need people who are actually using the system to share their experience and reccommend a shop.

Comment

As I understand it, doesn't really improve economy very much, but noticeably more power.

Works best with very inefficient diesels (the old indirect injection ones), so if you have a new common rail jobby (that burns a much higher % of the diesel injected into cylinders), then you're not going to notice much gain at all.

Comment

My Dad really wanted to do that to his turbo diesel Pajero. He talked about it for ages and got me to do all the research on the internet. He finally got around to booking it in and the bloke told him not to waste his money. Power increase was marginal in the TD Pajero and economy wasn't greatly improved. He said it would be years recouping the money in fuel savings. He told him that it was really only a benefit in the older style, really inefficient diesels.

I see lee has said the same thing.

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses.

Veefore, what year was it when you did this?

Comment

Does anyone have any idea's on how it would go on a Chev 6.5 turbo diesel? (yes i have a new toy)
                  My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                  Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                  Q-Zar Fremantle
                  Rated-R Parts
                  PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                  Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                  CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                  Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Originally posted by TYSON View Post
                    Does anyone have any idea's on how it would go on a Chev 6.5 turbo diesel? (yes i have a new toy)
                    Works fine for those, as they're indirect injection. Out of interest, what car is it in? 80/100 series? GQ/GU patrol?

Edit: Just did a bit more reading up, apparently if it's tuned spot on, you'll get up to a 20% increase in power, read above about fuel economy.

Only thing worth mentioning is it's definitely a good idea getting an EGT sensor in the exhaust just after the turbo. The Dgas makes your engine run much hotter, and it's a far better gauge for how hard your engine is working in comparison to the temp gauge. If you don't have one, it's definitely worth getting a decent intercooler installed.

Comment

Cheers, 4x4 F150
                      My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                      Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      Q-Zar Fremantle
                      Rated-R Parts

Comment

my old man had this done recently to his landcruiser

he swears by it for both performance gain and fuel economy

although i do remember him saying the economy difference was nothing to rave about, but was better

cant remember what year/model cruiser it is but its not too old, less than 10 years

he is currently touring australia in it towing a 21 foot caravan

Comment

Originally posted by TYSON View Post
                          Cheers, 4x4 F150
                          sacrilege

p.s. i was looking at a bronco with a 6.3l v8 turbo diesel from a new ftruck, so much want.
                          but common sense kicked in and i bought a patrol

Comment

haha, but when i didn't end up having to pay for it i couldn't resist (90 model, fresh 9" diff and gbox/transfer case) besides i got it for carrying the quads around the trip over east next year to the salt flats
                            My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                            Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                            Q-Zar Fremantle
                            Rated-R Parts

Comment

yeah, they're a pretty awesome machine, and they've got reaaally strong axles/diffs/gearboxes.

main problem from what i've heard is that weird american twin traction beam shit they've got on the front axle. supposedly really good for high speed offroad racing, but not for slow offroading and they're a bit of a pain to keep your wheel alignment supposedly

Comment

Working...
                              X