Is there such a thing as HC Card Reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a thing as HC Card Reader

I have just bought my second MicroSD card (8gb) and the computer shits itself when you plug it into the card reader...eg slows down and My Computer takes 30sec plus to open...and then it will not show the "Removable Disc"

I have used it for up to 2gb Micro's with no issue, but I'd be surprised I have purchased two dodgies, especially considering they were two different brands (DSE, Kingston).

Some eBay sellers claim to sell HC readers, but my impression is they're titling it that way for maximum hits.

SDHC SD HC MMC memory card reader 2GB 4GB 8GB 16~32GB - eBay, Other Card Readers, Memory Card Readers, Cameras. (end time 18-Aug-09 00:32:08 AEST)

Matt

start, run; compmgmt.msc
    go to disk management

report back.
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

SDHC SD MMC memory card USB reader 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB - eBay, Memory Card Readers, Desktop Laptop Accessories, Computers Networking. (end time 03-Sep-09 19:40:39 AEST)
      15c cheaper
      I picked one up the other day, seems to works fine w/HC cards that my other reader wouldn't.
      FTP

Comment

It wont be the cards, I had the same problem with my first reader (in a HP printer) it wont read the larger cards.
        If you are using the cards in a camera etc... can you plug the camera into the PC to read the card?
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

maybe its' your comp; try another?

and depending on the store you buy it from the may have an adapter to test it for you on the spot so at least you know it's not the card

Comment

Originally posted by Kryzaach View Post
            start, run; compmgmt.msc
            go to disk management

report back.
            Doesnt show anything as the card reader shuts itself off.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
              It wont be the cards, I had the same problem with my first reader (in a HP printer) it wont read the larger cards.
              If you are using the cards in a camera etc... can you plug the camera into the PC to read the card?
              No for a phone...which the usb plug is broken

Comment

Working...
              X