training routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training routine

Recently got back into weight training after a few months off. Wondering if anyone lifts regularly?

If its of any interest, here is the 2-day upper and lower body split routine I came up with. Aim to do each routine once a week.

Bb = barbell
    Db = dumbell

Day 1 – upper
    • warm up 15 min Run
    • warm up Seated cable warm up
    •Chest
    oBB press
    oIncline DB press
    oTwo point bridge
    •Shoulders
    oDB press
    oCrossover cable raise
    oDB shoulder raise - side
    •Back
    oPull ups
    oDips
    o One arm row

Day 1 – lower
    o15 min warm up Run
    o Bicep
    oBB curl
    oStanding DB curl
    oConcentration curl
    oTricep
    oCable tri pushdown
    o Chair dip
    oLegs
    oLunges
    oLeg curl
    oCalf raise

Day 2 – upper
    • 15 minute Run
    • Seated cable warm up
    •Chest
    oDecline BB press
    oDB press
    oSwiss ball Push ups
    •Shoulders
    oBB press
    oUpright row
    oDB shoulder raise - front
    •Back
    oPull ups
    oDips
    oSeated row

Day 2 – lower
    o 15 minute warm up Run
    o Bicep
    oPreacher curl
    oHammer curl
    oForward angled prone curl
    oTricep
    oCable tri extension
    oDips
    oFrench press
    oLegs
    oSquat
    oLeg extension
    oSingle leg calf raise
    "Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson.

What are you trying to achieve?

P.s Arms are part of the upper body.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I hope day one and day two are split over 2-3 days! If not... you're over training something fierce and you will injure yourself. I train 5 days a week each day I train a different part of the body.

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
        What are you trying to achieve?

P.s Arms are part of the upper body.
        true, but i train them on a different day from chest, shoulders and back cos i find it works better for me.

Originally posted by BrenR1 View Post
        I hope day one and day two are split over 2-3 days! If not... you're over training something fierce and you will injure yourself. I train 5 days a week each day I train a different part of the body.
        i'd typically do and upper and lower workout on mon and tues then again on fri and sat putting 2-2 days of rest between workout.
        "Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by beno81 View Post
          i'd typically do and upper and lower workout on mon and tues then again on fri and sat putting 2-2 days of rest between workout.
          Just as long as you're getting time to rest/grow in between your days then it seems like a good routine. Train your back when you do your legs. Move triceps to the day when you train chest instead.
          Last edited by GIXSIR; 18-08-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

What day(s) are cardio?
            Originally posted by Melkor
            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

depends what your goals are mate

Comment

I just realised you didnt actually ask any questions other than who lifts regularly.

So you are just curious to see who else trains not asking for anyone to comment on your regime? My appolgies for being presumptuous

And in answer to your question I train 4-5 days a week. Have done for about 3 years.
                My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

But yes as stated, depends what you want to achieve in doing all this training mate

Comment

ronnie colemans my bitch :mellow:

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                      ronnie colemans my bitch :mellow:
                      yeah well i dont think im there yet.

focusing on progressive weight gain and muscle building. slow(ish) build up from not lifting for a while just to get back into conditioning.

then move to a period of more intense and focused strength work.

thought it might be of interest. i always like knowing how other's structure their plans cos i like to learn.

Comment

Let me know if you want my training schedule, ive gained about 5kgs in muscle in about 3-4 months so far so I'm doing some thing right. Get onto the protein shakes (Muscle Tech, BSN etc) and they will help you put on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by beno81 View Post
                          yeah well i dont think im there yet.

focusing on progressive weight gain and muscle building. slow(ish) build up from not lifting for a while just to get back into conditioning.

then move to a period of more intense and focused strength work.

thought it might be of interest. i always like knowing how other's structure their plans cos i like to learn.
                          1 muscle group, once per week ^_^

Comment

Working...
                          X