Cheap laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap laptops

Anyone know good places to get cheapish laptops? Online or whatever, anyone have good ideas?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Dell Inspiron 15 is about $750 online, including delivery.
    Not too shabby.

Comment

netbook + bluetooth mouse = win

Comment

netbook?
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

You sure? I havent got one?

Comment

eeepc, msi wind, etc etc. google em. just try get one with a 6 cell battery and a hard drive, rather than ssd jobbie.

Comment

Oh. not really looking for that sorta thing, i really wanted a ~15" laptop

Comment

Small is the new big, brah. Get with the times.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

I've got the MSI wind U100, had it for about 14 months now... its rad

just hook it up to a big screen at home with wireless mouse and keyboard, quick and cheap upgrade to 2GB Ram, otherwise its perfect for uni - smaller than an A4 page but still enough power for most programs and displays a decent resolution and 6 cell battery lasts forever...

Can get them for $5xx or so now

If the netbooks aren't your thing, a budget would probably be handy for a start...

Comment

I'd probably be looking at around $600-700

Comment

get one of the dell 15" laptops, probably the most decent laptop brand new in your price range
                          Originally posted by polonY
                          Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

I dont quite get the point of a 15 inch laptop... and especially not a 16/17 inch one...

to me, the idea of a laptop is to have something easily portable that you can take around the place and carry with you...
                            anything over 13.3 inches is too big IMO, not really something I can just pack in my bag with me - has to be brought along in its own bag...

Dell, Acer, Asus are probably going to be your best bets...

try ebay, usually some good prices for laptops on there, I've bought a few computers there now with no issues...

Comment

Think in terms of a portable desktop, that's what he's after.

I'd be going for the Dell as well. I'll try to track down some links to discount codes for you.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X