Beef Bacon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Bacon.

Im sure a heap of people on here have been to Malaysia and so you will know what Im talking about.

They dont eat pigs so every hotel Buffet serves Beef bacon, and it is friggen awesome.

I have looked around Perth (sort of) and asked a few butchers but no one knows where to get it. Yet surely there is a demand from the Muslim community or from Malaysian expats.

So does anyone know where I can get it? Is anyone here Muslim and can shed more light on if its eaten etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Yeah i've had it in Malaysia and it is pretty tasty.

Maybe you should try a Halal butcher and see if they can track some down?

I know theres one near curtin
    Wes

Comment

Best of luck. I found it to be fairly repulsive, but at least they were trying to cater to western tastes.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I loved the stuff. Not so much that I went looking for it here, but will be watching the thread with interest
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

i hate it.. head to the cafe's at curtin if you want some.. they replaced the real bacon with it a few years ago :-(

Comment

ahhhh Fakon

I think Coles at Dog Swamp in Yokine has it. Somewhere in Dianella does too. In fact, just go to the Jew triangle and look there. Thats where it is. Theres the Kosher supermarket out that way too.

Comment

Yes last time I went back to Indonesia I had to ask for some real bacon, the manager was not amused....

Comment

Im going to Bali in 2 weeks so hopefully they have it again.

I am gonna stuff my pockets with the shit and eat it all day.

Thanks everyone I live near Dianella and Yokine so I should be able to check round there.

I have never seen it at coles though, I lived in Yokine when I went to malaysia and that was the first place I looked but never found it.
                My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                  Jew triangle
                  Gold, Hate and Racism?

Comment

Silly desmo - only white christian people can be racist...
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger4 View Post
                      Gold, Hate and Racism?
                      its not really even a triangle. they're spreading

Whatever its called. The collection of suburbs where every second resident is Jewish. The supermarkets there are stocked pretty well with Jewish friendly supplies

Comment

Why did I live 8 years of my life there and never hear of this?
                        Insert witty comment here

Comment

Wilson: at a guess, maybe the locals don't appreciate bacon, so don't want an inferior substitute when they can't get the real thing?
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Admit it barfridge it rules.

Did you try it in a few places? maybe you just got a bad batch.

Surely Bacon also rules but some of the quality of bacon I have been getting lately is shit with its 30% fat ratio and over salting.

The beef bacon has a lot more fat and the stuff I had came in thicker slices.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                              Best of luck. I found it to be fairly repulsive, but at least they were trying to cater to western tastes.
                              +1 to that.

Originally posted by JaR6d View Post
                              i hate it.. head to the cafe's at curtin if you want some.. they replaced the real bacon with it a few years ago :-(
                              Yeah, damn Halal catering

Comment

Working...
                              X