Refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunds

If returning faulty goods, am I entitled to a refund rather than store credit?

I have a video card, and the fan controller has failed (fan spins, stops, tries again) after a few weeks of moderate use. The software provided with the video card is also faulty to the extent that it consistently gives 16-bit application errors trying to reference a file that doesn't exist.

I've checked the relevant sites, and all it says is that I'm entitled to a "fair and reasonably" "remedy". (see here)

The performance of the card is acceptable, but if I've had a fan controller die after less than a month, I'm not that confident of the 'quality' of the card.

What are my rights in this case other than as above?

Its up to them whether they repair, replace or refund. Chances are they'll just replace it.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Thought that might be the case.

None of this "of reasonable quality" stuff helps?

Comment

first port of call is yes, you go back to the retailer and see what they offer. They would most likely repair it. If that fails again, they may replace or repair again. If you have ongoing problems, thats when you demand your money back and say that clearly the product is not 'fit for purpose'.

Its also worth keeping in mind that the official warranty period means absolutely nothing. The product has to be fit for purpose for a 'reasonable time'. What is a 'reasonable time' can only be determined by a court ultimately. For eg, if a car literally blows up 2 days out of official warranty, theres a very good chance of you getting remedy. Of course it will take a fight to enforce.

Comment

Its a gfx card.
          Why would you even BOTHER with looking up the consumer protection crap unless there was some huge on going problem with the store ?

Take it back and I'm sure you'd get a replacement. Geez.

Comment

They've elected to repair a 2 week old card, and say to expect atleast a 4 week turnaround.

A request for an exchange was declined as the card was outside the 7 day 'exchange period'.

I know where I'm not buying my Win 7 copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirkz View Post
              Its a gfx card.
              Why would you even BOTHER with looking up the consumer protection crap unless there was some huge on going problem with the store ?

Take it back and I'm sure you'd get a replacement. Geez.
              He asked what his options were and the information was provided to him. Its up to Jon to determine what he wants to do with the information. (But you're right )

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

retail. Kick up a shit if its really bad
                Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Basically, I had asked because the store had listed the item being out of stock, and a refund on the item would have been a better course of action for me as I'd not have any down time in that respect. They also gave the impression I wasn't welcome to an exchange if 'new' stock came in whilst I was waiting for a repair.

Plus, it's a 30 second google to look this shit up.

Comment

Working...
                  X