Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple ipods on itune's

Hey guys,

Is there a way for you to be able to run multiple ipods off the same itunes without them conflicting and wanting to erase each others library everytime you sync?

Cheers

Ash
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

i already run a shuffle and an ipod classic off the same itunes with no problems......maybe try changing your ipod to manual upload if you are having probs

Comment

All you have to do is create separate playlists for each one, then change the syncing options so that they only sync to the specific playlist that you have made for them.

So all of your music is in the library (which is communal to all itunes devices) then you create new playlists and just drag music that you want from the library to the playlists. This just acts as a pointer to the library. (not actually copying or doubling the tracks)

For example in my household we have and Ipod Nano, Ipod touch and an Iphone. So I have about 3-4 playlists I made for the iphone and told it to only sync those. Then made a couple of playlists for the Nano (girlfriends) that only it syncs to. Then I tell the Touch to sync the whole library as it has enough capacity to take it all.

Simple

(I'm not sure if that all came out as straight forward as it sounds in my head, so PM me if you want to ask any questions)
      Ello

Comment

cheers i'll give that a shot and see how i go
        RIP ADRIAN LEE
        16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
        I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

I have mine and each of my kids plus a spare shuffle synced to my itunes and no problem at all. Dont worry out the separate playlists but make sure all of the ipods are set to manual upload like Stealth said and its no probs at all once you do that. Another thing I always do is open itunes first then plug the ipod in. Less freezes and issues that way

Comment

Hmmm, an ipod related thread. Mind if I ask a question?

I currently have a classic 80 gig thats loaded with music encoded in apple lossless. Yes, I know, but it's slaved to my car stereo head unit and I prefer the sound quality of lossless over aac/mp3. Besides, Still 1,500+ odd songs on 80 gigs in lossless and the collection is ripped from cd's that I own.

Problem is, if I buy a nano, or smaller capacity ipod for use when listening thru ear buds, where the sound quality of mp3/aac is acceptable but the problem is my ipod libruary (spelling?) is all stored in lossless.
            Is there some setting I can change to sync the second ipod from the lossless libruary using mp3/aac to load the second ipod? I'd hate to have to rip my entire cd collection again just to suit.

Anybody know?

Comment

Working...
            X