Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSB Fitness MEGATHREAD - Post your progress, goals, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Fitness MEGATHREAD - Post your progress, goals, etc.

Gauntlets are being thrown left, right and down the proverbial center here lately.

We need to get fit, and here's a thread for logging that. We want to see your progress, your goals and your issues. Please use this thread to boast about your thumping lats, gloat about smashing some extreme envelopes or call out a buddy and motivate their tubby ass.

Share protein shake recipes, tell us about the latest AbFatBlaster Super Mega Bro Plus Growth EXXXTREME supplement, if it's fitness related, please post it.

Posting my own progress and goals in a moment, don't want to contaminate the first post too much.

Have the fuck at it, fitness party-people.

:partytime:
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Was fairly fit before the break. Going from 600-800 pushup's a week to nada takes it's toll. So after the healing process (end of Oct) will gradually progress back into it and get back into shape. A lot of the work was on cable so it'll be interesting getting core strength back up to scratch.
    FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

So here's some background.

I was a pretty fit kid. Always had a bunch of confidence issues, but found Karate and that helped a great deal. I spent a bunch of my teenage years in pretty reasonable shape, training on average four nights a week. Prior to that I'd done a bunch of scouting and outdoors-y style stuff, so I was never in bad shape. Take a look at Skinny Cam. Holy shit, look at that skinny young nerd! What a fucker. I think I'm 17 in this shot?

This was about the time I decided that I wasn't learning anything at school and that getting a job would be super. So I did.

I went out into the world and got my ass employed. I found my niche in IT and problem solving and ended up sitting in front of a desk for 12 to 14 hours a day and eating poorly. Over the course of a year I pissed away my old habits and started forming a lot of bad ones. Here's a shot from roughly a year later. Look at this fucker! Awesome fucking undercut central!

So, while still not awful, I'm definitely starting to chub up there. Really noticeable around my face and neck. I was not training at all by this point, then discovered girls, booze and cars. All things I could waste my time and energy on.

From here on, I spent a loooong time avoiding cameras, because I lost the battle of the bulge in a big fashion. At my heaviest I was tipping scales at 125kg. Holy. Fucking. Shit. I'd let myself get too comfortable and too lazy. After many years behind desks and falling in with a wonderful woman that seemed to think I was splendid no matter my size, I'd done myself a huge disservice and let my chunky ass expand into other postcodes.

I'll skip the lengthy section where I describe the fucking fads and bullshit silver bullets I'd attempted to use in the pursuit of a slimmer waistline. Bottom line, you know what works? Hard fucking work sir.

So in the last six months I've been making decent headway into fixing what's wrong with my lifestyle. Not just the weight, but overall I just haven't been looking after myself and by extension, my wife. I owe her better than that, and I owe it to myself. So I got into rock climbing in my spare time and picked up some martial arts again. Recently I switched over to training at Bayswater Martial Arts & Yoga with our very own Lolly and Spock.

My goals, as they are currently, is not so much just weight loss. I'm a big fella, becoming a smaller fella is certainly part of this but I've found that I am following the numbers less and how I feel more. The scales have basically stopped going down in the last month, but I feel a million bucks better for the work. I'm building muscle tone where I haven't had any in years, and I can feel and see the reduction in my flabby ass. That's what's important to me.

Ultimately I want to be back in what I would call a good 'fighting' weight. If injury or illness don't get in the way, my routine will ideally consist of;
      Monday: Karate, 90 to 120 minutes.
      Tuesday: Yoga, 90 minutes. 'fighting fitness', 60 minutes.
      Wednesday: Nada
      Thursday: Karate, 90 to 120 minutes
      Friday: 'fighting fitness', 60 minutes
      Saturday: every second saturday, 90 minutes Karate.

I need to flesh out a routine some more, find the days where I can work harder while still making time for the things at home, need to make sure my wife doesn't become a gym widow.

And here I am today. 28 years old, punching over 100kg, five-eleven in height. Yeah motherfucker, that's a stainless steel toilet brush. That's just how I fucking roll.

I'll be keeping this thread updated with progress a few times a week, I hope others willdo the same.

Orson, barfridge, d0t-bat, get the fuck in here.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

My story is similar to Cams, prolly just like a lot of people where "life" seems to get in the way making for a steady decline to lardarse-edness.
        I have also noticed a lack of strength since I got off the tools and into the office.
        My 3.5 year old was running me ragged so when Lolly posted the FFF classes I was on it like a seagull on a chip.
        I have so far lost 6kg but my aim is not appeasing the gods of the scales. I want to be fitter and stronger So far I am only training on a Friday, I know that's not enough but I am getting my body back into it gradually coz I'm the wrong side of 40 to hammer my body and expect fast recovery. I intend to start another class at BMA&F prolly Tuesday Yoga.
        Next will be giving up the fags.

Start weight 94kg
        Present weight 88kg
        Target 80kg - this is not critical, if I wind up at 100kg with 0.2% body fat I wont complain

Bert
        It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
          I'll skip the lengthy section where I describe the fucking fads and bullshit silver bullets I'd attempted to use in the pursuit of a slimmer waistline. Bottom line, you know what works? Hard fucking work sir.
          i rekon many people would be interested to hear these fads because many people still get into these snake oil promotions believing the hype.

Props for those owning their 'problems' for lack of a better word. Would be interesting to know if there was anything psychological that got them to a certain point aswell.

Kudo's to those who post pics, brave souls!

will post up my story later on when im not at work

Comment

Well, the truth of the matter is that I will be steadily gearing up to my October weigh-in for OD's challenge.

The clever yet unsporting thing to do would be to lard-up and pile on more kgs between now and then and then turn it around and blast a heap of weight off really quickly once the challenge starts but that would be counter productive to my long term goals/success and like I said, unsporting.

What is my long term goal?

To get back into double digits. It's a massive ask but I really want to be able to buy normal people's clothes one day.
            Find me on Instagram

Comment

i started of the year with a broken leg (circa nov 08) and had no real way of exercising cause i couldnt even walk properly for a few months...

so i decided to join the gym and bulk up... being 6'4'' and weighing in at about 76kg... so was all good training 5 times a week in the gym... no cardio cause i could barely walk let alone run... so sitting down pumping the iron and i got myself to about 83kg/s and could really start seeing the definition coming on... so within about 5 - 6months i had lost chubbyness from laying on my ass whilst recovering to putting about 6kg/s of muscle on... sort of lost the gym work about 2 or 3 months ago... and have progressively gotten lazy since... and put on about 5kg/s or pretty much lard...

this isnt good... not the weight i was intending on putting on at the beginning of the year... i would like to think im an active person... doing aikido 3 - 4 times a week for around 2hrs each session... and playing beach volleyball once a week...

this seems to be keeping me on the fitter side of things... but still got this very round bump called a stomach... going away for holidays at the end of year and have a few shirts purchased earlier this year which i would like to see myself fit bak into without bursting them at the seems...

i have absolutely no motivation to go running... i tell myself lets go do it but it never ends up happening...

what im here to ask you all is what has been the best strategy for you guys to actually get up and do it... what would be the most effective way for me to lose this say 6ish kg/s of fat sitting above my belt...
              Last edited by andy_b; 24-08-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

My story is a bit around the other way.

I was always a fat kid. Then, I finally manned up and got down from 130kg to 95kg. When i was 130, i had about 2kg of muscle i think. I was a totaly blubber ball. At 95Kg, i was very well built.

I am still very well built and strong, but in the last 6 years or so I have regained all my blubber as well, and now sit at 130Kg again, and am unfit.

2 weeks ago I started to run/train again properly. I am down to 128kg so far, but need to work on my diet some more, and probably replace running with using a x-trainer or swimming as my left ankle (thanks to a stupid 80kph lowside some 18 months ago) blows out very easily from impact pressure.

The goal is to get to ~95 - 105, but most importantly, to not feel like i may be on the verge of having a heart attack everytime i even think about strenuous exercise. I would post photo's, but a) i'm at work, b) they will break the monitors.

Comment

Would like to bulk up. Have never been able to hit 80kg unless I was carrying excess fat.

Originally posted by cocksnogger1
                  74kgs at nearly 6 foot is a bit malnourished and unhealthy looking in my opinion.
                  I'm 6'2" and 70kg and have never had anyone say I look malnourished...?
                  sigpic

Comment

Dugy, you know sometimes......

Comment

Originally posted by dugy View Post
                      I've had several...

I've never doubted that some of my mates are fairly upfront, blunt and borderline rude though...
                      Originally posted by Ferris
                      I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger1
                        74kgs at nearly 6 foot is a bit malnourished and unhealthy looking in my opinion.
                        Originally posted by dugy View Post
                        try 6'0" and 65Kg... im starting today, not really bulk up, (the weight is great for racing) but more endurance fitness. so will be goin for runs, rides, maybe use the treadmill on odd ocasions. also will try thro in a few push ups sit ups and pull ups for good measure.

i tried to start 6 months ago, but didnt have the motivaton.

now i have full faith in my racing ability, and i figure this is the best training i can do short of practice and racing.
                        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by #11 View Post
                          try 6'0" and 65Kg... im starting today, not really bulk up, (the weight is great for racing) but more endurance fitness. so will be goin for runs, rides, maybe use the treadmill on odd ocasions. also will try thro in a few push ups sit ups and pull ups for good measure.

i tried to start 6 months ago, but didnt have the motivaton.

now i have full faith in my racing ability, and i figure this is the best training i can do short of practice and racing.
                          Rock climbing is your friend ^_^

Fun and use many muscles at the same time.

Comment

Come to think of it my aunty has said I look malnourished....
                            But she looks like she's got 3 sets of tits and more chins than a chinese phone book.
                            sigpic

Comment

Im 6'2 and 95. Its amazing how big the weight range can be but without making the person look hugely different.
                              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X