Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSB Fitness MEGATHREAD - Post your progress, goals, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daytona View Post
    Started training about two months ago for another crack at the Avon Descent.

A bit of a milestone this year as I will turn 60 years young next month!

The regime has been a one hour session in the (home) gym each weekday morning before work. Added to this are three sessions a week in the kayak (two after work during the week and a longer paddle on the weekend) with the distance paddled steadily increasing each week.

Now you might think that doing 8 fairly solid sessions a week, you could lose a few kilos.

I am 75Kg and was hoping to get to around 70kg (just a few less kilos to lug down the valley this year), but 2 months in and I have only lost around 1Kg!

Time to look at some diet changes as well!!!!
    You may be replacing fat with muscle. Get a body fat test done.
    Originally posted by Desmo
    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

• Thanks to medication I'm obese, thought I would try the man shake program only into 1st week and already lost a 1KG.
      The man bars they sell are expensive at $4 each custard bars at Coles when on special are $2 and taste much nicer.

Man shake powder......
      Cookies and cream - OK drinkable 7/10
      Choc Honeycomb - is nice 8/10
      Choc mint - is nice 8/10
      Coffee - taste like shit nothing like coffee 1/10
      Last edited by Halo_2; 26-05-2022, 07:38 PM.
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
        Thanks to medication I'm obese, thought I would try the man shake program only into 1st week and already lost a 1KG.
        The man bars they sell are expensive at $4 each custard bars at Coles when on special are $2 and taste much nicer.

Man shake powder......
        Choc mint - is nice 9/10
        Agreed - the Coffee is rank. Even if you spike it with a home-made espresso shot.

Comment

• Someone said try the vanilla shake with instant coffee added or espresso shot and that’s more closer to the taste of a coffee shake.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan. In the meantime, I have a whole bag of coffee flavoured muck that I have to somehow ingest.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnork View Post
              Sounds like a plan. In the meantime, I have a whole bag of coffee flavoured muck that I have to somehow ingest.
              Could try 1 cup coffee and 1 cup choc or vanilla.

im just going to give mine to my brother.
              Last edited by Halo_2; 26-05-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Yep, will likely mix small portions of the coffee with greater portions of others. Actually, it's not that bad, I just found it leaves a bad aftertaste.

Comment

• Man shake powder......
                  Banana is like banana flavoured oak 9/10

So far nearly 3 weeks and lost just over 3KG.

Comment

• A Kg a week is good - about what I would expect. I tried weighing myself but the scales said "Get off me you fat cunt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                      Thanks to medication I'm obese, thought I would try the man shake program only into 1st week and already lost a 1KG.

Man shake powder......
                      Choc Honeycomb - is nice 8/10
                      Choc mint - is nice 8/10
                      Have you tried Optifast? I had to go on it for 2 weeks prior to having Gastric Sleeve surgery on 23/6/2020 and found it was OK for a short time and in 2 weeks lost ~5kg

The variety and taste wasn't fantastic but also wasn't disgusting either, they do shakes, soups, desserts and bars. I didn't really try the bars but did most of the bars and found the choc and the banana ones OK and you can get a mixed pack with various flavours to try different ones rather than buy a box outright of one flavour

The tomato soup was my favourite and I preferred the lemon creme over the chocolate desert

I was having 1 shake in the morning, a soup plus a takeaway container of salads (lettuce/carrot/tomato etc) at lunch and a shake or dessert for dinner on a work day (530-1730), on days off I would sometimes switch things around a bit

When I first started trying to lose the weight in preparation for the surgery in Feb 2019 I was ~147.6kg's, in 8 months I was able to lose ~5kg's
                      Went on the Optifast/salad for 2 weeks and lost another 5kg's and last October I appeared to have plateaued at ~102kg's

It does fluctuate up and down a couple of kg's depending on eating habits ie Xmas/Easter indulging a bit in "goodies" but seems to be staying around the 102-103 mark which is amazing given I left High School at 15 and was 117kg's Saying that I could also bench press 150kg's easily then as well and couldn't do that now

The thing I love is I've lost 25cm off my waist/belly area and it's taken a lot of load off my back and legs etc, plus my sleep apnea/snoring is gone and I've gone off blood pressure tablets as my BP is down to almost normal levels

My next goal is to build up the muscles in my legs and arms as some of the weight loss is muscle mass from those areas and I don't care about putting some weight back on IF it's the right places

Only a couple of downsides to the surgery, one is because I've lost a lot of the subcutaneous fat on my body I now feel the cold like I never have (used to be a t-shirt/shorts in winter guy), and two I've had to spend a bit of money on new clothes to fit although I've also managed to get back into clothes my missus has been screaming at me to chuck out for years so not so bad there
                      Three which isn't really a downside per se but now I have to check the menu to see what I can actually eat size-wise or more often than not the missus and I share a meal
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• Nah I haven’t tried optifast, mainly thought I would give man shake ago after seeing Facebook advertising on the price comparison compared to pre made/buying food and man shake but aswell as the have a Facebook page with plenty of people losing weight.

So mainly came down to marketing and YouTube videos.

Largest was 122KG and struggled with sleep so far down to 117.7kg slowly losing the weight. The smart scales I have says I have a slow metabolism so any loss is good.

Also helps with the hours I do up at 5am home at 6pm that I can make a quick shake and I know it will fill me up and lose weight at the same time.
                        Last edited by Halo_2; 16-06-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Man shake powder......

Chocolate could be better, bit more chocolaty 8/10

Birthday cake - a taste of cupcake batter to start off with finished of with a super sweet vanilla icing after taste. Need to have a Sweet tooth 9/10

Comment

Working...
                          X