Meals for one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meals for one

Hey guys and girls, well in the next coupla days ill be moving into my new home and for at least a coupla months ill be on my own. now i enjoy cooking and but dont want to be making massive meals and wasting food or having to freeze food and run out of freezer space. im having a browse on the interwebs at the moment, but was jsut wondering what the rest of the singles out there do. if not i might have to open my doors to anyone who wants a feed .
    sigpic
    Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

How often are you planning to shop ?

Comment

did someone say food ?
      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

The salty, salty tears shed from arriving home to an empty house day after day make an excellent accompaniment to seafood.
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
          How often are you planning to shop ?
          as often as need be, but probally every 3 or 4 days which is what i get away with when i work away, but generally cook for a couple of people at a time.
          sigpic
          Its so small

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger2 View Post
            The salty, salty tears shed from arriving home to an empty house day after day make an excellent accompaniment to seafood.
            salty tears.....i cant wait too move into my own joint =D.
            sigpic
            Its so small

Comment

I've got heaps.. just need to remember them.

Kangaroo with broccoli
              - 2-300g Kangaroo steak cut into strips
              - cup or two of broccoli
              - 1 clove Garlic
              - 1/2 onion
              - Chili to taste
              - Soy/Oyster/Fish Sauce ~ 1tsp of each
              - Oil
              - Salt + Pepper

- Slice onion and garlic, put in a wok wits a little oil cooking till soft
              - Throw in kangaroo strips and brown
              - Add chilli, salt and pepper
              - Add broccoli and cook for a minute or so (I like mine crunchy), if you add a tiny bit of water it will steam
              - Add sauces and toss through

Works out to around $5 a meal, easily 2 meals for under $10.

Replace with beef if you are one of those pinko, enviro, don't eat out coat of arms fags.... Roo is just leaner and cheaper.

Comment

There are so different types of pizza....

meatlovers, meatlovers with bbq base, supreme, aussie, mexian, seafood, cheese, pepperoni etc... once you have tried them all, rince and repeat

Comment

Has anyone tried that lite n easy stuff? How much like cardboard does it taste?

with my general laziness, poor eating habits and desire to lose some weight, it might be a good choice for me
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

awesome nath, thats what im looking for and it has plenty of taste to boot.
                    sigpic
                    Its so small

Comment

F**k cooking for one every night.

Get a bigger freezer and you only need to cook once a month.

sigpic

Comment

I can recomend this website, and this chicken dish.
                        Roast Lemon Chicken Recipe - Taste.com.au

Swap the chicken for lamb cutlets or another small-ish meat portions
                        add another veg such as carrot, pumpkin, zuchini, whatever

The basic rule is 200 degrees C and about 45 minutes.
                        Chicken for one person or 5 people just vary the quantities....
                        All cooked in one dish, less washing up.... pyrex dish = easy to clean

enjoy

Comment

i get me a spud
                          and i nuke it
                          then i open her up
                          scoop out the innards
                          then mix tomato/cheese/onion/ham etc
                          then i put it all back in the spud
                          add more cheese to the top
                          and grill

then the devouring begins :chef:
                          ellE

jenius

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            Has anyone tried that lite n easy stuff? How much like cardboard does it taste?

with my general laziness, poor eating habits and desire to lose some weight, it might be a good choice for me
                            Hey Fridgy,
                            Started the light and easy almost 5 weeks ago now and have lost 6kg.
                            The food is actually not that bad, quite tasty and lots of choice albeit small amounts if you are a large eater, but if you want to loose weight and have mega convienience way to go.
                            Be back with a full day plan sampler in a mo.
                            I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

For you Fridgy cause you asked

for today I had:
                              Breakfast - Bircher Muesli, multigrained toast with marmalade
                              Morning Smoko - Orange, Popcorn
                              Lunch - Smoked chicken and Tomato on a soy and linseed roll, orange
                              Afternoon smoko - date and coffee roll, stone ground corn chips
                              Dinner - Special Lasagne

The smokos I usually split so that I have something every 2 hours.

Tomorrow I have:
                              Breakfast - Fruit and Bran cereal with skim milk, multi grain toast with ham and tomoato
                              Morning Smoko - mandarin, date and coffee roll
                              Lunch - vege burger with sweet chilli sauce and salad on a bread roll, orange
                              Afternoon smoko - greek style forest berry yoghurt, light fruit cake
                              Dinner - Chicken with satay sauce

Wednesday I will have:
                              Breakfast - apple and cinnamon porridge with skim milk, fruit n muesli toast with spread
                              Morning smoko - red apple, nutty muesli bar
                              Lunch - cheese, tomato and mayonaise on a multigrain roll, green apple
                              Afternoon smoko - Tropical nut mix, multigrain roll with peanut butter
                              Dinner - Tortilla stack

Man I do not eat this good when organising my own food. Yeah the portions are smaller than I would normally get myself but I think that is the point to loose weight.

One of my friends is buying the dinners only for herself, she is unemployed ATM and thinks they are a very economic and convienient way to go.

The meals - Breakfast and smoko together and Lunch and arvo smoko together, you can choose between 2 regulated menus for each, IE if I did not like what they sugested for the breakfast package they have another package I can choose from etc.

Works out to $20.14 per day, I love the convienience and variety and weight loss

Note: that the meals have gone up as of this week. Can not remember how much, not much though sowill be dearer than above mentiond. Also depends on what Cal plan you choose per day, 1800 cal, 1500 cal and 1200 cal, I do the 1500 cal
                              I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

Working...
                              X