Changing excel chart ranges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing excel chart ranges.

Just wondering, how can I change the data range that is displayed on a chart? for some stupid reason, my chart, when I paste it into word, increases the axes. My data only goes from 0>10 on the horizontal axis, but the axis goes from 0>15, which makes my chart all squished up and it looks shit. Anyone know how I can get rid of the extra 5 on the horizontal, maybe going from 0>11?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Problem solved

Tried this one?

Mehbe it work, mehbe it isnt.
    comic sans is OKAY!

Comment

Well it might depend on your version of Excel but there should be an option to specifiy the axis range rather than auto.

If you dont want to formally link it in word to update as you update the spreadsheet you could just take a screenshot and paste that in if it looks OK in Excel but not in Word.

In Excel 2007 you can right click on the Axis numbers in the chart and select Format Axis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingy View Post
        Well it might depend on your version of Excel but there should be an option to specifiy the axis range rather than auto.

If you dont want to formally link it in word to update as you update the spreadsheet you could just take a screenshot and paste that in if it looks OK in Excel but not in Word.

In Excel 2007 you can right click on the Axis numbers in the chart and select Format Axis.
        Yeah got it, thanks. Was 2007, just hard to find it in the right toolbar. It wasn't under format axis, it was under layout>axis>primary horizontal>more horixontal options. Stupid.
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Another question:
          I'm using RAND() to generate random numbers, but they change a lot when you do things. Can I freeze them so they don't change?

Comment

As RAND() has no parameters to forces the cell to be a volatile, so will recalculate whenever the sheet is refreshed. To stop it calculating every time i think you can tell excel to not automatically recalculate sheet on changes. Might be under sheet options somewhere. Then to recalculate you force the sheet to recalculate.
            I am basing this on something i think i remember 2 1/2 years ago. Hope that helps

Also depending on how you are using it, just type in a random value, or copy and paste random values in from elsewhere.

Comment

Meh, it doesnt matter that much. thanks though.

Comment

Working...
              X