Blu rays. Do you rent or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu rays. Do you rent or buy?

having just bought a nice looking blu ray player for the home threatre, I thought I'd wander down to my local videoezy store to rent out a couple of discs to watch on our new player.

So I walk in and look around for the rental blue rays, can't find them so I ask one of the staff who direct me to a corner where there is a couple of racks of blue rays, pretty lousy selection really.

Given that blu rays are cheap and been around for some time such as the PS3, I'm surprised that my local video ezy store has bugger all discs to choose from.

Is it just my store and I should be going elsewhere or is it that the stores don't want to rent out blu rays?

How far is Girrawheen from a real video shop such as Planet Video?

Comment

about 20 years, philosophically speaking
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

At my local video ezy in Padbury they seam to be getting maybe between 2 and 4 copies for most of the new releases. They have an average range of the older ones, but not the best.

Its always good when the dvd's are out of stock there, more than likely, will be the bluray version still available. Now all i have to do is get a HD tv to play them on

Comment

try other stores...some are better than others...

a HTPC plus windows home server allows me to rent a couple on monday/tuesday cheap, add them to the server and watch as i please!

Comment

The blockbuster just up the road in Alexander Heights has a semi-decent range
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by grum666 View Post
              At my local video ezy in Padbury they seam to be getting maybe between 2 and 4 copies for most of the new releases. They have an average range of the older ones, but not the best.

Its always good when the dvd's are out of stock there, more than likely, will be the bluray version still available. Now all i have to do is get a HD tv to play them on
              i go to padbury as well has a lot better selection than most other stores!
              Originally posted by Lefty
              Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

i only ever buy a blu ray that i know I'llw atch more than a couple of times (Top Gun, Batman, Matrix etc)

Other than that our videoezy has as many new/semi old blurays as it does dvd's!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradlze View Post
                  i go to padbury as well has a lot better selection than most other stores!
                  Aha!, now i know who to blame if the blu ray of the movie i want is out ..... you have fallen for my carefully crafted trap

Comment

Just remember a tactic some are using now is the rentals (and ex-rentals) doesn't have the extended bits, doco's etc that purchased ones do.
                    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I often buy. JB or o/seas via sendit.com (UK based region also Pacific dvd for US Blu-rays and used in conjunction with a website that lets you know what US b-rays aren't region coded.

Sometimes rent.
                      Blu-Ray Region Code Info

DVD Pacific - Buy New DVD Movies, HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs

Sendit.com > DVDs, CDs, Games > Free delivery to UK & Ireland - Sendit.com
                      Originally posted by Abuse this
                      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

I rent and somehow after i have them at home for a few hours i have a ISO ImageI found this works well with PowerDVD 9 on teh HTPC.

***********I do not condone blu-ray ripping***********

It just happens

Comment

Mr John

A fair way. 10 clicks or so north up alexander then turn left at beach road.

barfridge

Blockbuster in alex heights? Where abouts is that? I only know of the video ezy alex heights next to domino's/red rooster.
                          On a side note barfridge, do you have a white holden ute? saw one the other day with a custom plate and thought, now that'd be a good plate for you!

Comment

erm, maybe it is video ezy
                            (just checked my membership card, and it is video ezy, sorry)

and no uterus for me, only a dead Daewoo. What was the plate?

Comment

NP.

I've been into that store and their range is about the same as girrawheen.

The Ute I spotted was a white VZ lowered, loud exhaust/worked V8 coming out of osborne park on hutton street around 5.15pm one day last week. I didn't get a proper look at the plate but i'm pretty sure it was either "FRIDGE" OR "FRIDGEY" or something with the word fridge in it. Might be a tradie in the air con business or something.
                              I'll keep an eye out for it again as most of these vehicles are regulars in and out of ossie park.

Comment

Working...
                              X