Removing a CD from a laptop drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a CD from a laptop drive

My old laptop died completely, and it has a CD that I want in the drive. I can get the drive out, but I can't figure out how to get it open. Is there a simple way to do it, or will I have to break it open?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

There should be a small pin hole in the drive, Sam. You'll need a paperclip or something with a bit of strength to shove in the hole and unlock/push open the drive.
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Ah ok. Sweey, cheers.
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

there should be a pin sized hole somewhere on the cd door... put a needle/pin into it it should release the hinge
        "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
          There should be a small pin hole in the drive, Sam. You'll need a paperclip or something with a bit of strength to shove in the hole and unlock/push open the drive.
          fuck we thing way too alike!

Comment

Yeh, maybe, but I don't sit on my bike patting it and talking to it.
            2006 Yamaha R1SP;
            In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
            Amen, brother. Amen.
            My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

OT: do you stick mad magnets on it?...

and shush!

Comment

OT: do you stick mad magnets on it?...

and shush!

Comment

Working...