Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: Any Garden Reticulation experts out there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Any Garden Reticulation experts out there??

I need help from someone who knows a bit about garden reticulation as I am struggling to get my retic system back up and running at home.

Basically, the problem was the controller kept re-setting itself and after much annoyance discovered that there was a leak at the manhole which was flooding and submerging the solenoid and it kept shorting the controller.

The leak has been fixed and new solenoid fitted. But the controller now won't run the system. And still keeps re-setting.

I thought the old controller may be defective from shorting out so I got a new one. Only the terminations are different and I need advice on where to connect one wire in particular into the new box.

This is the old controller...

Terminals...

Question: Where do I connect the wire marked 'MV' (4th wire from left) on the new unit??

New controller...

Don't want to have a stab for fear of buggering the new controller.

Thanks in advance!

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

MV is for the master valve solenoid, the main one at the source of the water. So I think it should be the PUMP one, have a read of the manual and see.

Comment

mv is your master valve so it will be placed in the pump section what this does is turn on the master valve if you have one and this valve stays open for the whole time your retic is running
      what it stops is that if a station valve is stuck open instead of your water running out of that station for 24/7 it only stays on for the time on your controoler saving you heaps of money and heaps of water
      if your retic system does not have a master valve then i sugested put one in

you can see the master valve in the pic the one one the l;eft near the tap
      I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

Yep master wire (runs to all valves). Black one.

Comment

Pumpit

Check page 7 & 8.

http://www.hunterindustries.com/Reso...ic/lit185a.pdf
          sigpic

Comment

Cheers guys

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

Working...
            X