No announcement yet.

PSB Fitness MEGATHREAD - Everything Exercise - info, technique, contacts etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Fitness MEGATHREAD - Everything Exercise - info, technique, contacts etc

i just saw this link Cool Running :: The Couch-to-5K Running Plan in one of the other threads about running... and i say im going to try it!!!

Ill start tomoz and after the 9 weeks i will post up before and after shots and see whats the difference

might aswell try this its not like i have much to lose... except the fat

I ran 5km on the beach this evening and followed it up with some core work on the outside gym things at cott beach. It wasn't a fast enough run - i was sprinting in comparison back in the day.
    Anyone got a good recommendation for protein / carbs? I'm thinking I might just go with the Musashi Bulk from the local shop but it isn't really cheap.
    Also, what does NO things do? Because me and a mate had it one time as free samples and apart from tasting really bad, it made you OD on excess energy + need to yack yet not having anything come up. we did twice as much stuff as normal in half the time.

I will be getting an ipod off a mate soon as well, i need angry music when running.
    Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

hmm its 1230 and still havnt gone for that run yet :S hahaha

Comment

Hey andy, gimme a call around 6 if you wanna go for a run, others welcometo join-I'll go along swanny beach if andy isn't game otherwise I dunno where to go. o420 eight one 4242 text only b4 5:45

Comment

mate lnr tonight soz... ill think i might go for a run in a second actually my assignment is making me feel that way

Comment

Wanna take me pillion ? (jks, your bike is gay and slow enough already)

Comment

Well I started my first day of getting fit again. I went for a jog and did a small part of my old weights routine with my home gym. In future I am going to go down to the oval near my house and do 20x 50m sprints.
              Originally Posted by Maxo
              do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
              to Butters

Comment

Today's west australian has suggestions for where to get your running music.
                http://www.apple.com/itunes apparently has a workout section for "cardio charging and inspiring tracks"
                http://www.run2r.com "This site features music - not pop music - with rhythm." Assists keeping pace and cadence.
                http://www.jogtunes.com claims to have the best running music, workout songs, etc, and lists the song's BPM so you can match it to your tempo.

It also recommends a couple of sites to help with motivation:
                www.itrainer.com.au
                www.fitnesstogo.com
                www.bodydoctor.com
                Last edited by NanoBear; 25-08-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

What I find is that I get shin splints
                  I used to get that when I ran in dodgey $30 shoes. Then I bought some $120+ Asic's gel soles and haven't had the problem since. Trust me the last thing you want is a stress fracture in your shin, it hurts. If you intend to start running again in addition to the cycling (probably a good idea sincee varying your cardio has better results it does when your body can predict what it is going to have to do) then buy some good shoes.
                  to Butters

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxerguy View Post
                    I used to get that when I ran in dodgey $30 shoes. Then I bought some $120+ Asic's gel soles and haven't had the problem since. Trust me the last thing you want is a stress fracture in your shin, it hurts.
                    mmhmm you caught me, I have some nasty $40 joggers, I think this is the issue too, so Im gonna go out and grab some decent shoes today hopefully.
                    http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
                    how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

I am a massive fan of Asics and won't buy anything else again but I have also heard fantastic reviews for Brooke's, they are meant to be the best running shoe/cross-trainer you can buy. Though for people like us it probably won't make any difference as we're not pushing olympic times, its just important to choose a shoe that is comfotable (captain obvious) but has some sort of sole cushioning such as gel soles or shocks or water soles. Each major company has a different style of cushioning so it's just down to preference. Don't forget to buy a pair with arch support if your feet need it.
                      to Butters

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxerguy View Post
                        I am a massive fan of Asics and won't buy anything else again but I have also heard fantastic reviews for Brooke's, they are meant to be the best running shoe/cross-trainer you can buy. Though for people like us it probably won't make any difference as we're not pushing olympic times, its just important to choose a shoe that is comfotable (captain obvious) but has some sort of sole cushioning such as gel soles or shocks or water soles. Each major company has a different style of cushioning so it's just down to preference. Don't forget to buy a pair with arch support if your feet need it.
                        During the City to Surf training classes there were a lot of complaints about sore knees, shin splints sore hips ect.

All were due to bad shoe choice or plain worn out shoes.

The advice I always give is get yourself to Athletes foot and have your foot scanned, this will determine if your a pronator or supinator, take on board all the info the nice assistant has to say including the names of the recommended shoes. Then head to Harbour town to Jim kidds, Nike, Addidas or the Brooks stores and save yourself a fortune.
                        This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Comment

Originally posted by brendanc View Post
                          During the City to Surf training classes there were a lot of complaints about sore knees, shin splints sore hips ect.

All were due to bad shoe choice or plain worn out shoes.

The advice I always give is get yourself to Athletes foot and have your foot scanned, this will determine if your a pronator or supinator, take on board all the info the nice assistant has to say including the names of the recommended shoes. Then head to Harbour town to Jim kidds, Nike, Addidas or the Brooks stores and save yourself a fortune.
                          lol, this is true, athletes foot is damn expensive

good read redfern, good diet too

Comment

Second day of getting myself fit again. Went down to Thomas Oval and did 8x 60M sprints. Did a 45 minute back workout and then a couple of minutes or bodyweight stuff to cool down. Have also been more careful with what I eat and already feel far better then usual. Cannot wait until a few months have passed to see what the results are.
                            to Butters

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                              lol, this is true, athletes foot is damn expensive
                              I got a nice pair of Reebok (sp?) trainers today from there, cheaper than Rebel Sport, $70 off as well! down from $190. Very impressed

Cant say that my legs hurt any less (I fucked them again last night ) but they are definitely comfier that my old ones!
                              http://www.insearchofacocktail.com - Check it!

Originally posted by lee
                              how is that erotic? that's some chick laying on a towel on the floor with her hand down some where's wally knickers with preposterously sized fake cans and shaving rash around her hooch.

Comment

Working...
                              X