Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Edition to the Family - Baby Maddelyn! Private School Education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Edition to the Family - Baby Maddelyn! Private School Education?

My first child was born on Wednesday... a little girl!

I have been thinking about private schools for sometime and am wondering if anyone on here has been to one that they can give me some feedback on.

i think you have to jump on pretty quick after they are born as it is quite a waiting list. I really don't know much about them as I was government school educated.

Should I go same sex? Co-ed?

Advice would be great!
    "I don't care if you wear a plastic bag, filled with bubble wrap then zip tied at the neck for crash protection"

PLC... for reasons i wont go into... i was a Scotchy from year 7 till 12 (and yea was enrolled the day after i was born) and out of my knowledge of private girls schools i know of in the area... ide say put her into PLC...

Comment

So what you're saying, andy_b, is that the PLC girls were the most difficult for no-good Scotch boys to get in the sack?
      Originally posted by Melkor
      The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_b View Post
        PLC... for reasons i wont go into...
        It's the uniforms. Makes them look more shaggable.

Originally posted by andy_b View Post
        and out of my knowledge of private girls schools i know of in the area... ide say put her into PLC...
        For those reasons you won't tell us, right?

Shop around... there was a private school mega thread in about summer this year... I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

FWIW:

I was both gubment and private in both the extremes.

Broome Senior High School is a special, special educational institution in completely different ways to Hale. I think that there gets a point though where the added investment in private schools shifts from being about getting more for your kid's education and more to do with social status and dickswinging though... From what I could gather in my experience with the other PSA & ADHISA schools (which as a boarder was probably a bit more than your average student there) they can be very, very intense places...
        Originally posted by Ferris
        I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ood-bad-80271/

Comment

MY bro has a 2 year old and a 7 month old, I think he has picked PLC and Scotch.

One thing he is doing which you may not have thought of is getting them Baptized.

And he isnt in anyway religous but because schools are it apparently helps you get in.

But yeah he has allready enrolled the 7 month old boy and did when he was about 3 months old.
            My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
              And he isnt in anyway religous but because schools are it apparently helps you get in.
              Because teaching your kids that shallow conformity is the only way to get ahead is pretty awesome.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

That's easily fixed, Cam.

Just don't tell the kid they've been baptised.

SORTED

lc
                Originally posted by Melkor
                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

I you Cam. So, so very, very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    Because teaching your kids that shallow conformity is the only way to get ahead is pretty awesome.
                    indeed

public primary, private secondary imo

I was a freddie gherkin in mandurah for high school. Not a bad school, fond memories

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger2 View Post
                      So what you're saying, andy_b, is that the PLC girls were the most difficult for no-good Scotch boys to get in the sack?
                      actually had about 5 or so gf's from plc but i was waiting for something along those lines

but like in terms of other girls schools i rekon they are the better... education wise and co curriculum wise... that is compared to others like mlc and st hildas and all that...

Comment

Between SHAGS/MLC/PC/PLC/SMAGS and Hale/CCGS/Scotch/Wesley/Aquinas I really don't think there's much, apart from the name and a (relatively speaking) nominal amount of money.

Of course... people that were in the system develop their favourites though ^_^

Comment

scotch and plc have IBO based educational crap (organised crap though) but as an exscotchy, private schools are not value for money.

I would want my kids to go to co-ed public schools until high school, what point is there to having a kid go through primary school at 13K per year? I had 2 years in a public school when first arriving in Perth. It was quality schooling and wasn't nearly as full of bs as the following 5 at scotch. (although the rumours were pretty full on)

my year got shafted though, the school was bringing about changes for basically the years bellow mine -this meant no funding for the things we used (never had air con, 2 weeks after we left the whole school became airconditioned, shit class rooms etc. Sending a kid to scotch now would be different. All the classrooms are new now...

My sister is at st hildas, i wouldn't send a kid there.
                          Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Congratulations on your girl!

My 4yo goes to private school (in private school kindi at the moment), enrolled him the day he was born to make sure he got in. My 2yo also enrolled.

There will be allot of critics (never critics with kids actually at private school) that will say it is unnecessary. All I can say to you is the difference is astounding, the programs are so perfectly designed, and the people that work there care.

If you can afford it, or if there is something you can sacrifice personally that will let you afford it, then do it. One regret you will never have is giving your kids the best education you can afford (that, and the safest car to travel in). It would be a shame to think later in life that if you just had a few less toys, or took one less holiday a year, or quit drinking with the lads on Friday night, then you could have sent your kids to private school and given them the best chance of a leg up.

Im not suggesting that a public school wont give you a good education, but there is something else IMO: Im a strong believer that you are influenced more in life by the people you are friends with, work with, and associate with then by the quality of education you get. And whilst trying to avoid sounding like stuck up snob....(fuck... I am so going to get flamed by saying this I know it)..... the overwhelmingly obvious thing for me is that kids in private school are generally more polite, well mannered, and better disciplined and as such you have a better chance of your kid making friends with someone who isn’t going to teach your kid how to tag a bus on a Friday night.

As for which one? I think pick one of the more well known schools that is closest to where you live (or ultimately plan to live later in life) the reason being once they get into sport you are going to end up travelling to that damn school every bloody day. Best be as close as possible.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Has anyone got anything on Montessori?
                              "I don't care if you wear a plastic bag, filled with bubble wrap then zip tied at the neck for crash protection"

Comment

Working...
                              X