Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Pls with non cooperative Blu ray Player..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Pls with non cooperative Blu ray Player..

Hi,

Just splurged on a new Pioneer BDP-120 Blu Ray player from JB's.

Got it home, plugged it in, inserted normal DVD. Lovely picture.

Drive to Video Shop, hire two new release Blu Ray DVD's. Insert in Machine.

Machine takes ages to load. Menu screen eventually appears. Image stunted and pixilated. Awfull sounds eminate from machine like its jammed or jamming up in the drive.

I initially think that the disc must be at fault but try the other Disc I hired. Same result.

Try some more. Screen eventually says "Incompatible Disc".

Is this normal behaviour for Blu Ray players?

Even though its brand new player do I need upload anything to make it work?

That's certainly not normal I believe blu rays don't have different regions (could be wrong) your best bet would be to take it back to jb's

edit: I've got a couple of blu Ray movies you could use to see if they work? I'm in gosnells so not far from you
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Thanks ashmo. Would take you up on the offer, but next door neighbour has one ..bit closer again.

Will be taking it back to JB's.

Comment

BluRay has regions - Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - but it sounds more likelky that your machine has screwed the pig.

Take it back, for a replacement/refund.
        Dead Man's Hand
        Internationational Porter Protection Group
        Just call me Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kriso View Post
          Thanks ashmo. Would take you up on the offer, but next door neighbour has one ..bit closer again.

Will be taking it back to JB's.
          No worries, best of luck getting another one
          RIP ADRIAN LEE
          16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
          I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Take it back.

I've got the previous model, the BDP-51FD and while blu rays take longer to load up, it's only 10-15 seconds or so to get to the menu.

A stunted image/pixelated could be if the signal is out of sync with the tv. How is it connected to the screen? HDMI? It that's the case then get into the menu and switch the "hi speed" HDMI connection to on or off (the opposite to what it's set to initially which should be on)

But a squealing from the drive indicates a fault so take it back and get a new one. Then if the new one still gives you an out of sync picture, try the above.

Comment

Yep HDMI.

Thanks for the addtional comments guys.

Off to the shops now to exchange this little piggie.

Comment

Working...
              X